free hit
counters
engine restoration - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
apolloniusn

engine restoration

Does anyone know or recomend a company that can re-finish to engine covers with red crackle finish?

Thanks in advance - Apple

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you're out of luck if you want the original finish, but you can get/ have a red crinkle paint finish.

A company not far from Lotus can powder coat with a different uneven finish, that looks good.

I think the true original finish involved certain chemicals are no longer an option.

Andy

some hardware stores(for gardening, garage work and so on) - in Germany[ or general 'Europe'] offer paint with this effect as an spray-can.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

you have two options, you can get several cans of vht wrinkle paint in red from frosts uk or you can send them to be done where lotus gets theirs done, here are the details.

frosts:

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8219 the red wrinkle paint is out of stock at the moment, the product code is P111 look at the bottom and you can see red wrinkle pain out of stock. ring and ask when they will have more in.

lotus plenum coaters just over the road from lotus hq they will coat them in the correct finish that you originally had on there in any colour you want also

Colorcote details are as follows :-

Colorcote

Unit 6

Potash Lane

Hethel

NR14 8EZ

Tel: 01953 607789

Contact - Roger Goulding

Edited by bigsi

If you do the job yourself, I can reccomend either sandblasting or at least abrading the surfaces with course glasspaper first.

It will allow the wrinkle paint to key to the aluminium better, and will stop it coming off in big flakes.

as others have said the wrinkle finish is no longer available .but i am in contact with a company that is developing a new wrinkle paint at the moment but as yet there is no time scale . I have sent them samples of our colour and finish so at least there may be some hope for the future

To all who responded to my request a big thankyou for all the information given.

I shall follow up in particular the infromation about colorcote as I like originality if possible. All the other suggestions I shall keep in reserve.

Thanks again

Apple