free hit
counters
lacquered Alloy S4s wheels - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
armynick

lacquered Alloy S4s wheels

I bought a second hand, re-furbished S4s OZ Futura wheels from a well known dealer from the South West. I paid alot for them too.

The lacquer lasted about 1600 miles before it started worming, mainly around the bolts.

On complaining to the dealer, I haven't had much luck. In fact I've had a bad attitude off him and I'm not impressed.

He's been trying to get hold of the person who lacquered the wheels but can't, so he's trying to fob me off by giving me the guys phone number and leaving me to deal with it.

As I pointed out to him, I paid him for the wheels, not this 3rd party. Anyway, looks like I might be better off trying to get the wheels done elsewhere and then billing him for it.

Anyone know where I can get them done, properly this time?

If the dealer from the SW still gives me attitude, I'll take it further and I will also name and shame him everywhere!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm using this place, i pick them up tomorrow so i'll let you know what they come back like. Don't know where you are in the country but you van get them couriered to them.

Here you go. All in i am very pleased with them, the finish isn't perfect but its not far off. They cost me

Edited by davegtst

For what its worth, I sold my S4s 3 years ago (regretted ever since) and I had mine sent off to germany to get done as I couldn't find anyone to relacquer the wheels correctly. All wheels were split and every bolt replaced. After sending 1 of the wheels back for another treatment, they lasted 12 months before the rot set in again. The fact is that the process is very complicated and time consuming so anyone who can do them cheaply is unlikely to be doing it correctly. The other alternative is to get them polished but not relacquered but that means you have to clean them more or less every time you take them out.... All this was arranged through Pennisula at the time.

I read all the articales available on the subject at the time and there was no one who could guarentee a finish as good as when they were made.... very annoying. However the wheels still set the car off better than any others so I'd stick with them :-)

I had mine (futuras) done by BJV over a year ago and the car lives outside all year and they still look fine, no signs of corrosion. I did go for the cut polish and ceramic laquer coat. cost was

Edited by lrg_machine

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle