free hit
counters
Map Sensor - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sierra1off

Map Sensor

:) I bet no one knows this.

I will be using an emerald ECU to run the engine, and they need the callibration figure for the standard MAP sensor, or i will have to purchase an aftermarket one.

Anyone ???

icon9.gif

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra 5.7L mustang powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

suzuki bandit with 1100gsxr engine

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What boost pressure are you planning to run? The MAP sensor fitted to the V8 only goes to 2bar absolute pressure, so you can only measure 1 bar over the normal atmospheric pressure.

I haven't seen a table indicating what boost pressure a given sensor voltage indicates. But from the service manual can see that:

- If the sensor reports a voltage <0.005v then the ECU will throw an error code indicating that there is an open circuit/sensor failure.

- If the sensor reports a voltage >4.907v then the ECU will throw an error code indicating that the sensor has failed or there is a short with a 5v or 12v line somewhere in the circuit.

Hence, the sensor is generating somewhere between 0.005v and 4.907v in normal operation.

The sensor is a standard GM MAP sensor so you may be able to find a table on-line somewhere. I haven't got the part number to hand, but if you need conformation I'll check it on my car tomorrow. Just let me know if you need this information. You can also check yourself if you have the sensor installed on your engine.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by peter_england99

Thanks peter.

I have found several american forms chatting about the MAP sensors, and that the part no. 886 refers to a two bar sensor, and another that equates 2 bar to 210kpa, so i am going to go with this figure

The last four digits on the unit refer to the date of manufacture, with the first of the last four digits being the year and the last three are the day in the year.

i wont be bosting over 1 bar so this should do me.

Alan

Anglia cosworth powered

Sierra 5.7L mustang powered

Sierra convertable

Nissan Skyline

suzuki bandit with 1100gsxr engine

Jag XJ8

Mk2 Cortina, no engine

Lotus V8 engine, no car

Thanks Peter, thats one of the sites i found, most usefull

Cheers

alan