free hit
counters
My Little Australian Pal - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

My Little Australian Pal

Alas the time has come for my little Australian pal to go back to Australia, full of the joys of having been in an Esprit.

Jake said he has enjoyed his time here but the icing was going out in my Esprit and giving me a hand to do the brakes, he is by the way car daft.

The picture says it all, he was quite happy standing out in the rain and asking all sorts of queations like how does that work? what does that do? can I see the engine?

I will send him home with some Lotus stuffand the dvd if I can get a hold of it

post-2216-1212342196.jpg

post-2216-1212342226.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And he'd fit under the dashboard..and around the engine..do you rent him out? Sounds like the ideal apprentice, much more use than those tw*ts with "Sir Alan"!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

That's great! I know I would have been really excited as a kid to help a family member work on a car like that.

I do have to ask though, did you have more than one jack supporting the car up like that? I've seen several cars fall off of jacks, and it just gives me chills watching someone lean into a wheel-well like that without proper support.

doesn't life any where near Coffs Harbour does he, I could use some help, and it's raining right now, he'd feel at home! By the way I hope you had axle stands under that.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Not sure were Coffs Harbour is only know they live near Brisbane, as for axle stands I had 1 at the front and one at the back. Jake did ask why use axle stands, I told him to never trust a jack on its own and added extra safety makes working on any car safe. I must remember that he replied........

Dad always used to try and get me interested in that sort of stuff. As a 7 year old I used to enthusiastically say. "What and get my hands dirty? Are you insane? Go hire a mechanic".

Good memories.....nothings changed except now it's me asking him and getting that response.... :devil:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)