free hit
counters
Handbrake mechanism - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paul Coleman

Handbrake mechanism

Does anybody know how to disassemble the handbrake mechanism on the S1? I need to get the casing plated so somehow I have to get the mechanism out of it. I've tried pulling the arm which activates the handbrake which moved a few mm and something sounded as though it disengaged but now it won't move any further.

Thanks, Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hehehe yes the problem is that I take something to bits only to find that it's going to cost a fortune to restore it and then move onto something else only to find the same problem!! I'm currently stripping all the braking system to get it plated before selling the kids to pay for all the bits needed to put it back together. Do you ever wish you'd never started something? I do every time I go out to the garage.

Cheers, Paul.

I genuinely respect you for having a go and having the ability to try. I just fix it when it breaks or the MOT man tells me it needs doing and service when needed. Most of these then require help from a more knowledgeble friend to put things back!

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

It's the bit where the cable attaches to - it's held on the calliper body with three bolts. Inside there is a spring plunger with a lever on the outside. When the cable pulls the lever the mechanism inside pushes against the piston to apply the brake.

Cheers, Paul.