free hit
counters
Body Kit V8 Look! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
greekmix

Body Kit V8 Look!

Guys,

I am in search of some body parts to update the look on the project car S4.

The are two body parts that I am trying to sourse and I hope I can get them after market (non lotus) if they are available.

The first part is the back lights panel and the round lights as the latest V8 was released.

The second body part is the exhaust lower panel of the latest V8 as well parts is showing in yellow on the pic below

Last-Euro-Esprit_11_jpg.jpg

Could anyone point me to the right direction for these two major parts please?

Many people have done these upgrades and I hope someone can point me to the right direction.

Thanks to all for any help in advance!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think Lotus are the best value for the rear lights at the moments, not sure about the cheese grater though.

You can get the rear panel including lights as an OEM part from Lotus and I think you'll find it's cheaper and much better quality than the aftermarket item.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ok thanks guys,

Does anyone know the OEM part numbers for these as my manual stops at the early version V8.

I would appreciate the information to price them.

I am sure the american Market must have something but I cant find anyone to provide the parts we need.

Anyway any information here will be appreciated.

2269885090096618541S500x500Q85.jpg

I have the cheese grate exhaust on my S4, I had a custom exhaust made from Longlife then bought the grate from PNM. I'm always toying with the idea of spraying it black or leave it.

Garry,

Please provide me with the part number and the source of the part. Thats what I am trying to find.

I see yours is a diffrent version to the lotus OEM design but that will do the job.

The OEM one requires you to cut the bodywork where the bottom lip is on the back panel.

The aftermarket SJ one means you only have to cut a small area where where lights have been, which means you could revert back if necessary.

I have the SJ one on mine and it fits a treat.

Garry,

Please provide me with the part number and the source of the part. Thats what I am trying to find.

I see yours is a diffrent version to the lotus OEM design but that will do the job.

Exhaust options (to avoid confusion with lights!) :devil:

Sorry Tony, no idea on the part number, I saw it for sale on the PNM Engineering stand at Donnington a few years ago, after I decided I wanted it I just called them & explained what I wanted, paid for it & it then arrived a few days later. I realise though your a few more miles away than I am from PNM. Try sending an email?

As for the design, theres 2 types, I understand the first type that appeared on US '02 cars had round holes. After a bit they changed to oval slots & the latest cars had those fitted. Its just one of those little changes that Lotus do. I didnt really know (or couldnt remember) what PNM had until it arrived. I'm sure they are the same to fit & just screw in using self tapping screws.

Dermot has the round holes in his, not sure where he bought it from though. Hope this helps mate. Theres abit about in on LEW here:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/V8US.html

Edited by Splodge s4

Sat and thought about this and .......................watch this space!!

I have done an install guide how to fit the rear light panel. I would recommend the Lotus full panel type so it looks like the real thing. From a distance you can't tell the difference with the SJ one but close up you can.

Iam no mechanic but was able to cut the rear lip off my Esprit and fit the light panel myself. I even painted it and fitted all in one day.

Rear Panel Install Guide

As for cheesegrater valance buy from Lotus but buy the US version with ovals as it's cheaper than one with circles!

Dave Walters

Thanks Dave looks good.

I have priced the panel and lights at 1500 dollars Australian delivered so I still need to find the lower cheesegrater valance panel part number so I can order from lotus

I will update everyone with what is to come.

I will dig out part number for you and pm you.

Dave

Could you post it in the thread for future reference too please? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I think this is the part number A082U7990F

Thanks mate!!

I have just beeing quoted 100 pounds for the part A082U7990F this is now getting expensive.

Does anyone have a better price out there??

Edited by greekmixS4

did you get the lights aswell as the rear panel, i got the lights from pnm. are you doing the arches aswell and the wing etc etc.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I am only working on the rear lights and panel including the lower pipe panel. However the two quotes I received have shown that PNM's price is too high.

I prefer to purchase all these parts from USA if available since the dollars value is closer to the Australian $

Edited by greekmixS4

Always been keen on the idea of some sort of blended arch S300 style on the Red Beast.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

blended arches are the future,,,oh yeah i am biased of cause as my V8 arches and light panel are blended & longer lol

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Got the arches, They are next!!!

New Exhaust done and rear exhaust surround panel installed for the all in bargain price of.............

Guys,

Now that we have established the parts, I would appreciate some feedback on the possible installation the LED (not the bulb) taillights used on the later Elise to tranfered on to the Esprit 93 to 97 models with the Toyota taillights.

I get mixed information from suppliers that it can be done and some say that its imposible to be done due to the resistance the LED produce on the circuit.

So this question is for those who have made it work with the LED version modification.

PS: I have seen some theories using a 1k resistor on the +ve feed however I need to find someone who has done it.

This is a costly exersise and should get it right the first time...

are you doing the arches aswell and the wing etc etc.

only source I know for arches is SJ .... anywhere else ?

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Dermot has fitted LED's to his S4. The LED trips the ABS loght so you have to solder in a resistor or bulb to overcome this.

Dave Walters

Toby,

PM with your brake problem or send me an email [email protected]