free hit
counters
1994 s4 ariel base - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter

I think it is a GM part, so you should find it off most GM products - I know it was from the Vauxhall/Holden Calibre, (+ some other Holdens in Oz), etc... should be quite common.

Cheers

David

Would you believe that I found an almost identical one in Halfords. Its the full ariel for about a tenner. The base is slightly smaller. You'll just need to use a slightly larger washer on the underside and make a join to the existing cable. I think the full lotus ariel is more than

I bought the rubber base gasket from this guy on Ebay, and it is a perfect replacement.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jetta-Beetl...emZ250253292171

He ships to Europe....just email him the dimensions and he will verify fitment before you buy. At the time I bought (Feb) he was selling two types of gaskets....but I believe the one that worked was from a VW....but if you give the inside and outside diameters he will double check.

Remember that if you replace the whole base, that it is "amplified". Buy a non amplified base and you will have almost zero radio reception. So you need that extra electrical wire for power to the base. I believe this guy also sells the amplified bases...but not sure if the connector is a match. The price for this part seems excessive....so Ebay may find you a good used one...the Lotus price is insane....and they only sell the complete base to get the gasket.

I remember verifying that the part is a Vauxhall part....but it wasn't cost effective to get the part from the UK for me.

Edited by Paul93Lotus