free hit
counters
Need contact info - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
M3S2k

Need contact info

Hey all,

Well for an update on my tranny problem, I removed the transmission last week and just split the case this evening. Was actually a pretty easy job. Spent about 3-4 hrs removing the transmission and just over an hour splitting the case. Now finally have my parts list and would like to talk to Kevin at GTO engineering about pricing and placing an order. As it turned out, I broke 2 teeth off of the crownwheel. Other than that the transmission looks like new inside. No signs of wear anywhere and all the gears and synchros look like new, so that is a relief at least. Looking at all the parts inside there it is amazing that it can handle all the power and torque of the V8. Anyways, if anyone could let me know know the number Kevin can be reached at it would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure why this topic was closed but I asked Bibs to reopen it so I can add this.

First off Kevin has a new website:

http://www.gtoracing.co.uk/

which gives details on all things UN1 including his Quaife upgrade (though the 4th gear ratio in the pdf is wrong - it should be 1.04). I just got an exchange box with the upgrade from him which is due to be fitted next week - I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm sure Kevin can supply all the rebuild parts you need - seals, bearings, synchros, etc. He should also be able to supply a CWP (probably excellent used).

However, the 3.89 CWP as fitted to all the UN1 Esprits (except the GT3), part number A082F6484F, is available in Lotus's surplus sale for

Edited by neal

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

yeah, I'm with talon. I think CWP means Crownwheel/Pinion, but would like clarification. Where and how do i get in contact with someone in regards to the Lotus surplus parts sale? I wanna get these parts ordered ASAP as I wanna get the car back on the road!! Basically my list of parts includes:

-crownwheel and pinion

-bellhousing gasket

-main case gasket

-fifth gear cover

-input shaft seal

-and output shaft seals

Where are you located?

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

Manitoba, Canada. Right above North Dakota and Minnesota

yeah, I'm with talon. I think CWP means Crownwheel/Pinion, but would like clarification. Where and how do i get in contact with someone in regards to the Lotus surplus parts sale? I wanna get these parts ordered ASAP as I wanna get the car back on the road!! Basically my list of parts includes:

-crownwheel and pinion

-bellhousing gasket

-main case gasket

-fifth gear cover

-input shaft seal

-and output shaft seals

I presume you mean the fifth gear end cover gasket, not the entire end cover?

If so all those parts (other than the crownwheel and pinion - CWP) should be cheap, the gaskets are just paper and the seals are nothing special.

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

yes sorry that was a miss type on my part. Just need the gasket not the whole cover. I just checked with bibs and they do have the cwp in stock. Wondering if there is anyone in the I'm willing to help pick up the part and ship to me?