free hit
counters
B125AHM up and running! - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
simonf

B125AHM up and running!

After six months on my garage floor due to a cracked exhaust manifold the engine is back in and my '84 Esprit Turbo is finally up and running!!! We have a few minor gremlins such as the alternator is not charging, the new clutch is dragging and the idle is somewhat lumpy but she is taxed and ready to go.

(here comes the Oscar acceptance speech!)

I would just like to say that i really couldn't have done this job on my own - and Andy Clements and Buddsy have been real troopers! These guys have given up a lot of their time (especially andy who has regularly put in twelve hour days in) to help get my ol' girl back together and i think they are worthy of the highest praise! If there was a section for LEFer of the month these guys would be my vote!!

Cheers boys i owe you some :beer::devil::beer:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

6 months?? You sure it was that long...well it doesnt look good then for my car to be finished in about a year then does it!!! lol

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Congratulations, Simon. Always good to read of another Esprit getting back on the road. And kudos to Andy and Buddsy for helping another owner out. Another great example of the Esprit community spirit.

:devil:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Excellent news Simon, just in time for the 'summer'...

I've actually started to put things back onto mine but the work seems to have spiralled out of all control in terms of scope, budget and soon patience so its good to hear that the 400 components in 23 locations between here and my shed do eventually go back together rather than subdivide into yet more replacement opportunities.

Ambrose

6 months?? You sure it was that long...well it doesnt look good then for my car to be finished in about a year then does it!!! lol

Yep it was sorn off road in December!!! You got a problem with your engine? need some help? At the end of your tether? You know who to call! :beer: You need the :devil: 'AEG-Team'!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Now we're just going through the fault list.

Gearbox noise- low gear oil level? (rattle when clutch engaged but goes when pedal pressed)

Spluttering- blocked jet in carb? (fuel tanks were completely emptied before refilling, 2 cyl not dramatically impacted by pulling plugs good spark at all, plugs appear to be indicating weak mixture)

Alternator not charging- wire moved to correct terminal (TBF to Si I didn't say which terminal to put it on)

Reverse gear not staying in- sorted (adjusted length of arm by adjusting the bends in it- rose joint wouldn't budge)

Boost reading low- sorted (corrected joint at plenum)

Getting there.

Any alternative theories on the spluttering? I'm assuming dirt picked up from disturbed tanks gone into fuel line. Couldn't find the fuel filters that should sit in the Dellorto fuel inlet unions so suspect some small bits of debris have got to idle valve or impacting on fuel float height.

Andy

Congatulations mate.

Well done all involved.

Teamwork.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg