free hit
counters
Inner Driveshaft boot cross reference - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Inner Driveshaft boot cross reference

Hi guys

noticed whilst reconditioning the waterpump (guide to follow on LEW) that the inner driveshaft boot has been worn through buy the gear selector cables!

Does anyone know a cross ref to a part I can buy locally. They are

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ho hum.

Don't know, but please do let me know if you suss it so that I can update the file...

Some of the bits down there are from a Renault Fuego so that might be worth a punt if you can get hold of a couple to have a look...

Good luck!

Ian

Ho hum.

Don't know, but please do let me know if you suss it so that I can update the file...

Some of the bits down there are from a Renault Fuego so that might be worth a punt if you can get hold of a couple to have a look...

Good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Ian.

Another related question:

Are the red gear shift cables supposed to run on the top side of the engine mounting bracket or underneath? Mine are running below.

TTFN

Glyn

Thanks Ian.

Another related question:

Are the red gear shift cables supposed to run on the top side of the engine mounting bracket or underneath?  Mine are running below.

TTFN

Glyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds about right.

thats were mine are

dave

• 2 weeks later...

Inboard and outboard CV's (as well as the rubber boots) are Renault Fuego. 100% sure of this. The bare driveshafts are not . . . they are longer.

In Canada we call it a Renault Fuego; Renault might call it something else in Europe or the UK.

AP

In Canada we call it a Renault Fuego; Renault might call it something else in Europe or the UK.

Hi Andrew,

yep, Renault Fuego in the UK as well.

Is there a particular engine size that I need to look for as well.

Thanks for the cross ref.

Glyn

Inboard and outboard CV's (as well as the rubber boots) are Renault Fuego.  100% sure of this.  The bare driveshafts are not . . . they are longer.

AP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Andrew,

Do you have the Renault part numbers for these parts or the model and year of the source car? Would be handy to get this nailed down.

Cheers, Ian

Ian