free hit
counters
"Super Car" charity event in North Devon - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peter_england99

"Super Car" charity event in North Devon

Someone on Pistonheads is trying to get a "Super Car" charity event organised in North Devon. Please see below for what he is trying to do:

Hi,

I am a professional photographer and I am trying to organize an event to raise some money for the only children's hospice in the south west of England.

I am looking to get some owners of Super cars to drive to the hospice, to offer either paid rides in the car, or just photos with the cars. As well as maybe a ride for some of the terminally ill children at the hospice to brighten up their day!

This would also be a great PR /Press event for the charity.

In return for your kindness I would be happy to take a professional photograph of your car.

I also have plans for a charity calendar along the same lines with the super cars, to make a change from the usual naked rugby players (don't worry, you can keep your clothes on!).

If anyone can help can you please email me your details, and details of your car to.

Thanks for reading!

Mark

See http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=540631 for the postings on the subject.

Subject to being available on the selected date I would like to go along to help. Can't have all those TVR owners giving us Esprit guys a bad reputation :)

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by peter_england99

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Depending on date Peter, I'd most likely be up for that as well. Post on PHs if you like (PH never lets me in and they dont send new password when requested so never post anymore)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Date depending i'd love to give something back. Prob need a good local B+B though...

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

It looks like a date of 4th October has been set for this according to a Pistonheads post. Peter can you reply as PH never lets me post replys please?

Edit - blimey PH is letting me log in for a change.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've recently sent an email to the organiser of this event to see if it was still on. It has gone very quite. He has replied that it's still on and he will provide an update this weekend.

Regards,

Peter.

I did the same last week Peter and got the same reply. I would have expected a big long list of differing Supercars and names to be posted by now.

Think we gave up on this PH thread too quickly. Lot happened since 25th Sep.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...=0&t=540631

They raised a good sum of money as well.

I was half tempted to join in the hoon, but due to the weather forecast and the fact that if I just donated the money directly to the hospice, it would be far more efficient than me spending more money on petrol than the donation I would give. However, I do need to now make the donation!

Does anyone know who owns the green Esprit?

Regards,

Peter.

Just in case anyone else is interested in donating some money to the Children's Hospice here are the details: Children's Hospice South West

Edited by peter_england99

Does anyone know who owns the green Esprit?

Unsure Peter, but its the same one that was at SWLC open day, so I'm guessing a 'local' boy.

Sign in to follow this