free hit
counters
replacing fuel line - thoughts? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Quicker

replacing fuel line - thoughts?

my SE has the stock black hard plastic lines running to the fuel filter and to the rail.

after 19yrs - are most of you replacing it with fuel line hose - or trusting it?

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I replaced mine with AN -6 braided steel lines coupled with a higher flowing walbro fuel pump and aeromotive FPR. Its actually pretty easy to install the new braided lines so long as you have the correct adapters to connect to the original power steering lines that Lotus used for fuel lines. I can dig around and see if I still have the part numbers for the adapters that you will need. If you decide to upgrade to the AN -6 lines you have to pull off the fuel rail and weld a bung onto the one end.

Cheers,

Graham

Hi,

My fuel line from the fuel filter to the engine was knacked when I got the car, so I tried to buy a replacement fuel line and discovered that Lotus no longer made one, so I had to get one made. I got one made, but as the connections are imperial I had to use my old ends, but the new pipe hasn't lasted, it went hard and the ends have come off really easily. Today I got a new one made, and it was a lot cheaper than the last one, only

Looks ok.

I like the idea of stainless looking braided and getting rid of that plastic see through hosepipe that goes up and over the top of the engine bay - stuck down with pritt stick.

What were they thinking?

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg