free hit
counters
Aaaarrgghhhh....withdrawal symptoms! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CharlieC

Aaaarrgghhhh....withdrawal symptoms!

And there's a huge gaping hole in my life (and garage!!). Just odd moments when things don't feel quite the way they should....

I've seen what looks like a her accross a crowded highway only to find its a case of mistaken identity - that brief moment of excitement dashed along with the memories she left behind.

Or the moment jogging in the rain listening to Aerosmiths "Don't wanna miss a thing" (the song we listened to together as we drove into the Lotus factory, that wonderful day in Oct 06) and realising just exactly who was missing whom.

Or waking up sweating (again) with the sound of open pipes and that inimitable turbo spooling up and discharging with a raucous flutter - only to find my radio alarm clock is set for garbled static...

It was a fine time with my first Esprit... now if I can just find me a V8* that "talks" to me the same way...

Sigh....

*GT new interior, rubber and alcantara, no wing - any colour but pink :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Try Guns and Rises September rain.... :crybaby:

Whats wrong with pink?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Very similar story for me just 2 months ago Charlie. When the old Esprit was sold, sounds daft but kind of went into mournng - bit of a sence of loss. Wife didn't help, with comments like " dont look so miserable, its only an old car" :ermm:

I lasted only 3 weeks before getting that V8. (Garage also looks a nicer place now) :)

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Charlie,

I haven't even got my first esprit yet. If I really squint my eyes in the dark I can sort of imagine my holden being an esprit, but then I open my eyes and that's the end of that.

So as we say over here in OZ:

Harden the #[email protected]% up!!! :)

Hope you get another one soon.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Cheer up Charlie. Best you use your time for reflection, looking for a replacement mate :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg