free hit
counters
Its Good To be back..... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Four months bereft of my Esprit - but tonight I brought the new one home. All the way from Clacton-On-Sea to Fife. And it poured with rain virtually all the way. She's a 2001 V8-GT, full history and immaculate with it. Not a mark on her. Just in time for the Jim Clark weekend at Knockhill. Its good to be back. Apologies for the photos - I don't work in a builders yard! Thats where the PO happened to photograph it.

lotus016.jpg

lotus010.jpg

lotus029.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Welcome back Mark :)

Nice wheels :) I like the Black and cream look :ermm:

Where was she advertised????, i cannot recall seeing her anywhere?

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Nice Motor Mark. Lets guess what you will be doing this weekend then?

Looks vertually 'new' from the pics. Enjoy!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Cracking looking car, Mark :ermm:

Oddly enough I spotted her parked outside a 'new build' not far from my office earlier in the year. Subsequently saw her advertised on LEW. Since she was less than 10 miles from me I almost went for a look-see but decided that temptation would have got the better of me...

Clacton > Fife... how ever long did that take? :)

I doubt it very much. Its had the lights, federal exhaust/valence and AP brake upgrade done at the factory but I won't be adding anything else. Its pretty much perfect I reckon.

TenTenths - the PO is a property developer. He has a couple of houses on the go in the Clacton area. I left there around 3.00pm, stopped off for an hour or two at my Dads in Yorkshire and got home around 01.00 this morning. The weather was atrocious all the way and I took it really steady. Standing water and to higher speed plays havoc with these big tyres as we all know.

Gorgeous car Mark - I'm sure you'll relish every second that she owns you...

Stu

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

congratulations on the new car, looks stunning

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I don't know how anyone can not classify these cars as a supercar (believe me there are heaps of people over here that don't think they are). That looks brilliant.

Great looking car Mark.

grumble, grumble, envy, envy...

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Very very nice Mark.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Pearlescent Black - a bugger to keep clean but well worth it.

Beautiful day here in Fife, out on my favourite roads. Face a little sore due to the day long smile. Surprised it feels so different from my first V8-GT. Better ride quality, better traction, all in all it just feels a lot 'tighter'. I guess thats the difference between 2001 and 1998. Here she is 'at home' to prove it doesn't rain all the time in Scotland!

IMG_3787.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

Very very nice mark.

YHM

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks for the comments guys. Pictures now resized Kimbers - you learn something new every day....

As for the new wheels, probably not. I really do like the 04 wheels but having seen one of the Final 15 in black, I actually do prefer the Saturns so they'll be staying. Sorry folks!

Thats a lovely looking car.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"