free hit
counters
Relays - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I know we have identified that we can use the VW unit for our window wipers, but has anyone tried to match up a unit for the indicators. So when we flick the indicator stalk they flash 3 times as most new cars seem to do?

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What does the vw unit do ? delay or something ? didnt know we could use this....

GC1

My Astra does this but it wouldn't simply be a case of changing the relay. The whole indicator stalk mechanism would need to be changed. Unlike the stalks on the Lotus which when pressed stay in that position and are cancelled mechanically, the one in the Astra will return to the normal position immediately after pressing it. It is then cancelled electronically.

If you just touch it slightly then the indicators flash three times and stop. They take a little getting used to but once you use them they are OK.

Changing the Lotus to this type would, I fear, be quite a large job.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Graham,

The window wiper relay is the one that some have changed. It gives a programmable intermittent function.

As for the indicators it was just an idea I had.

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004