free hit
counters
Australian Lotus - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nicholden

Australian Lotus

Hi,

Just wondering if there is anyone form Australia here that wants to sell a late model V8? or knows someone that does.

Regards, Nick 0417 414441

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Nick - sorry I don't know of any car up for grabs at the moment, but I spotted that have a DeLorean: any chance of a pic?

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Hi,

Thanks for the replys, and please keep me in mind if you hear of a late model V8 thats comes up for sale.

Iain, I have been rebuilding the DeLorean now for 5 years and i am almost finally complete to get it back on the road. I dont have any great pictures but i have uploaded 2 older ones i had on my lap top. The frame and suspention was designed by Lotus back in the day so it is esentially an 81 Esprit under all that stainless steel !

Nick

post-4470-1214907220.jpg

post-4470-1214907486.jpg

Thanks for posting the files Nick, but I can't see them :blush:

Another window opens and it says I don't have access - password etc. Am I doing something wrong - not paying my bills??

Is there a mod out there who can help? (pay my bill for me to if you want... :blush: )

Iain

Edited by iainskea

2003 V8 final edition, only one in Aust, is for sale for $160k. I'd jump on it, but it's really the wrong colour for me.

Hi,

Thank you for the heads up. I have just bought a Sport 350 from the UK which i hope to ship within the next 2 months.

As you, it's not my colour either.

Thanks again, Nick

Thanks for posting the files Nick, but I can't see them :D

Another window opens and it says I don't have access - password etc. Am I doing something wrong - not paying my bills??

Is there a mod out there who can help? (pay my bill for me to if you want... :( )

Iain

No good asking for a mod's help. I can't see them either!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Fantastic car Nick! When do you think it will be completed? - you simply must bring it to a LEF Australia meet.

Iain

Hi,

Thanks for the replys, and please keep me in mind if you hear of a late model V8 thats comes up for sale.

Iain, I have been rebuilding the DeLorean now for 5 years and i am almost finally complete to get it back on the road. I dont have any great pictures but i have uploaded 2 older ones i had on my lap top. The frame and suspention was designed by Lotus back in the day so it is esentially an 81 Esprit under all that stainless steel !

Nick

Edited by iainskea

Thanks. It will be finished in approx 8 weeks so i can make it to this years deLorean meeting in Melbourne. I would love to come along to a Lotus meeting with the deLorean. just let me know when you are having one.

Cheers, Nick

Hi,

Thank you for the heads up. I have just bought a Sport 350 from the UK which i hope to ship within the next 2 months.

As you, it's not my colour either.

Thanks again, Nick

Hi Nick

I have looked at bringing a car in from the UK and have eventually given up. Did you manage to find your way through the paper work and someone to comply the car? Any advice or someone you can refer me to?

Thanks for your help.

- Robin

Hi Robin,

Sorry there seems to be no magic way through the paperwork! My sister currently lives in the UK (and is a british and Oz resident) and i bought the car in her name. I am working with a guy to try get it here sooner but if not i will have to wait the 12 months when she will be returning to Oz.

Cheers, Nick

Robin and Nick,

There might be a guy in Melbourne who may be able to comply them down the track. He is working on the last stages of approval with the govt now I believe.

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi all

Am i right in getting the gist of this thread, that one is finding it hard to get a Lotus Esprit complianced ?....

Or the hassle of importing a Lotus privately into Oz

Pomoz 87S3HC na

Cough Cough Im Off

Compliance is easy, it's the shipping it when you haven't owned it and had use of it for 12 months bit that is a pain. If you can't meet that requirement, it's not a personal import and has to go the commercial route = expensive.

I got compliance on my import no problem. Cost me $140 no mods to the car. Then got roadworthy $40 or something. That went something like:

"Are you going to sell it?"

"No."

"Here you got, that's $40 please."

Registration was also a breeze. If only the shipping paperwork was that easy...

:-)

Rob T

1981 Turbo Esprit Dry Sump

(Ex UK, like me).

Oh yes ..

Complience is easy as is rego...(as long as RTA has your model on their books QLD didnt lol ).

I agree ... its the paperwork that is the PAIN ... even though i had owned my car for 2 years in UK .. b4 bringing it over ........the tax i got slugged !!!!! GST OVER GST ..... though id do it again no problem ... now i know the ropes (so to speak)

Pomoz 87S3HC na B)

Cough Cough Im Off

I thkin there was a V8 in this months Unique Cars mate

will dig it out and check it for ya

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

Found it

is a Black V8 8,600klm

$99k

Autostyle in NSW 02 9580 1447

Probably too late though...sorry

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

Sign in to follow this