free hit
counters
AEG - Local mechanical assistance - help! - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

AEG - Local mechanical assistance - help!

OK - I know it isn't Lotus related.....but.....

My wife has a Merc A Class which was running great until it coasted to a stop on Staurday night and we had to be recovered, at 1 am from the A140.

Before I send a 10 year old A class to the MB dealer for diagnostics and end up spending a fortune to have a connecting plug replaced are there any mechanically minded AEG members who would help me to diagnose the problem?? I will supply tea/beers and hold spanners - as well as point according to the technique I learned from Kimbers on Saturday!

Thanks,

Chris.

Edited by marvin
AEG-banner.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris. Andy, Owen, Simon and Buddsy are all technically minded. Owen used to work on cars for a living so I'm sure he'll help out of Andy has his time monopolised by Simon..... :blush:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks chaps - I have a couple more options up my sleeve before I resort to the Mercedes dealer - I will keep you posted, and put out another cry for help if my auto-electrician mate can't fix it.

AEG-banner.jpg

I'd avoid using the Norwich MB dealer; from what I understand their service department leaves something to be desired.

There's an independent out at Chedgrave that enjoys an outstanding reputation. More details here.

To Marvin

Not having met you yet Marvin, i am a little apprehensive in saying this, BUT HANDS OFF ANDY, HE IS MINE AND I HAVEN'T FINISHED WITH HIM YET!

To Andy

What would you prefer to work on? German simplicity, logic bolt positioning, straight forward mechanics or MY LOTUS!

Joking aside would be happy to help out - name your place and time, (and i will smoke fags and generally look for the spanners that andy has lost!)

PS. I have used Autotechnic in Chedgrave - very good!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!