free hit
counters
NMEG June Hoon II - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

NMEG June Hoon II

Backmarker

The plan is to have 2 meeting places as per last year.

For the more Northerly members of our little flight, I suggest Hilton Park Services on the M6 at 7.45am.

From there we'll travel down to the M5 and pick up the Southerly contingent at Frankley Services at about 8.00am. If one of the Hilton Park crew has a passenger (Dodgy Dave maybe?) then that passenger will call one of the guys as we near Frankley and the Frankley crew can then tag along as we pass by (worked a treat two years ago but failed miserably last year because no-one could hear their mobile phones).

Then its M42/M40 to jct 9 and finally A34 to Pear Tree Services(PTS) to meet up with the others. Traffic permitting we should be PTS by about 9.15am.

We're then in the hands of Dermot & Co. until the return journey. See here http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EOtherstuf...rd_Booking.html

Please add your names to this post if you're joining us. Don't forget you need to make a payment to LEW for this event. That payment includes lunch and refreshments as well as the speakers so it's well worth it.

Payment must be made by 6pm on the 13th June so be quick

As you all know, there is no payment required to fly with NMEG "the formidable squadron" :welcome:

See you all there,

Graham.

1. Backmarker

Edited by Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Backmarker

2. Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

well as i dont have a phone thats working so its no good trying tocall me, guys its eassier if you just snake into the services and we got straight back out i will just sit in mycar wiating for oyutocome in and then just leave withyou, nostoppingso to speak. hows that? thats easier than just waiting for a call and hoping we catch you on a drive past.

Si,

We can do that unless someone turns up at Frankley with a phone a loud ring :animier:

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

er wrong thread guys.. should the above not be in june hoon 1?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I thought BigSi was posting about the Oxford meet. Same rules seem to apply to both anyway H. Today we pulled into Frankley and perhaps we should do the same for the Oxford run. I hope I haven't mudded the waters even more :lol:

Graham.

the list is looking a little short, anyone else doing oxford?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Hi folks,

Iv recently got my car and am looking to hook up with other fellow esprit drivers. Alas i am too late for the Deadline for the Oxford meet but may still bop down to Chipping Norton for a lovely drive in the country. Would it be possible to liase with some of you chaps at some point?

I am based just south of Birmingham and so am pretty well placed

Regards

Jon

Hopo,

You're more than welcome to join us for the drive down. Why not come all the way to the Pear Tree Services in Oxford? Ideal if you enjoy looking at Esprits and nattering. It's from here that we'll be going over to Heythrop.

NMEG will be calling in at Hilton Park on the M6 and Frankley on the M5 so tell us which you prefer and we'll see you (and others) there on the morning.

Cheers,

Graham.

yes come and join us, we had a great run down last year

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

I think i will have to join you guys. Im moseley based so its not to far to get to frankley services. What time is this grand entourage likley to be passing through?

Or alternativley if you folks will be passing hopwood services then thats an option

Edited by hopo

we should be at frankley for 8 am ish if we leave hilton park on time at 7 45, look forward to seeing you

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

1. Graham (+ Canadian refugee)

2. Howard

3. Gina & Ade

4. Jon (hopo)

C'mon you NMEG guys there must be more than just Ade, Howard and myself going to Oxford on Sunday?

Time for a roll call. So are any of you guys joining us:

Dave Oneshot

Alex

Phil (Noneshallpass)

Dave Barny

David

Simon

Dave Walters

BigSi

Ian Heighway

Trevor (greenman)

Nick (Stagowner)

Cheers,

Graham.

Guy's I'm now free for this sunday .

would love to come down and meet you all at Hilton then I'll go on to oxford with you all if thats ok.

I know the deadline has passed but is it worth me phoning up and see if I can squeeze in ?

otherwise I'll bring a pack lunch and sit outside while you all eat dinner.!

GC1

Great idea Graham, look forward to meeting you again, email Kato at LEW re lunch

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Yeah see you at Hilton Park Graham.

Dave Oneshot...............that's two missed on the trot!

Hope you can make the seaside trip to Barmouth on the 20th July.

Graham.

watch out Dave your name will be going in the book.........

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Sorry :)

We have had 4 concerts in June (we usually plan for one a month!)

Should be OK for July - I know of a pub a few miles up the road from Barmouth in a village called Dyffryn Ardudwy.

I was involved in a camping centre there for many years.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I know of a pub a few miles up the road from Barmouth in a village called Dyffryn Ardudwy.

..... and if we get lost how on earth are we suposed to pronounce that asking for directions...

Graham (GC1) great news, welcome to NMEG

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

affirmative. I Shall not be splashing out on lunch.... buying a car has dashed all my financial planning. looks like a pannini a la carboreta for me or a well lodged baked potato.. But i will fly down with you folks and have a good old natter about all things automotive in the parking lot if possible.

so thats frankley services at 7.45......... propostrous time for a sunday!

See you there folks

Hopo,

Frankley is 8.00am. We'll be leaving Hilton park at 7.45am...........so that's a lie-in :)

See you Sunday.

Graham,

You'd normally be meeting up with Alex (car in dock), Phil (working I would guess) and Nick (otherwise committed I think) around the Manchester jcts but as you can see all 3 of them appear to be out of commission.

On that basis Howard is probably closest but I imagine he'll be joining the M6 at jct 15 so not that far from Hilton Park really. I'm getting on the M6 at jct 14 so it'll be Hilton Park for me.

See you there.

The list:

1. Graham (+ Canadian refugee)

2. Howard

3. Gina & Ade

4. Jon (hopo)

5. Graham (GC1)