free hit
counters
wind screen wiper assy - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
turbotim606

wind screen wiper assy

does anybody have a cure for S2 lotus wind screen wiper mounting problem ie the alloy mount with the tapered hole which wears out and doesn't grip the tapered steel mounting I've been told that the wiper assy is obsolete but with the amount of esprits out there I sure there must be a solution

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Tim,

Not sure excatly which bit you're referring to. If it's the gearbox you can get them new www.sjsportscars.co.uk.

The motor is obsolete but you could easlity fit any similar motor and swap the gear wheel to get the correct arc. I took my gearwheel from an Excel motor and welded the peg in the same position as the worn wheel in the original.

There isn't a cure for the uselessness of the wiper - many of us have been searching for a long time! The easiest answer is to regularly Rainex the windsceen then you don't need the wiper. I only use mine when in stationary or really slow moving traffic when there's not enough speed to blow the water off and even then I just use the manual wipe.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Yep had this one before. The gearbox is the bit that has the protruding shaft that the wiper arm pushes on to. You can replace the whole gearbox with one from a later model Excel. The advantage is that this has a more modern hexagonal type fastening.

See this old topic and look for my post No 4

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...p?showtopic=699

Incidentally If it's the metal inside the windscreen arm that is wearing, then arms were available in the factory parts sale for I think for about

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Bit of a bodge but slip piece of doubled up rubbing down paper in were arm goes on to post and sorts the problem poss!!

gosh this is an old post :getmecoat:

Edited by mc21.8