counters
New Esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
redshift

New Esprit

Found this at lunchtime:

http://www.autoscout24.ch/AS24Web/SeDetail...a&id=810648

Dealer is selling as a NEW car?

The V8SE must be at least 7 years old now and it looks like it only has delivery milage of 150km.

Surely there must be issues with a car that has stood for so long?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow! There's another! I thought your link was going to lead to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Never-Regis...1QQcmdZViewItem

I prefer the blue one, though! :)

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I would want a full service performed on both of these before I drove away... and then some extra stuff just becuse it has been sitting for so long... I have seen folks bitten by low miles before and it is usually a hard bite.

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

That was my thoughts exactly.

I know there is a whole list of components that would be time expired even with no mileage.

I was also concerned about the parts, seals, bushes etc that could have simply deformed from sitting in the same position for 7 years.

Oh yes, new tyres too!

It has never been registered so yes it's a "new" car, and 1st registration will be -ie.- 2008, so the car would be considered as a 2008 in Switzerland, no matter when it was built.

I bought a mint, never registered, 80 km on odometer Alfa Alfetta GT from 1976 for a friend... he registered here in Geneva Switzerland... it's a 2005 car ! and it means also that the MoTs will apply in the same way as a 2005 car... amazing.

Back to the 150km V8 Esprit... yeah, things will have to be done here and there... BUT... better to work on a 150 km car right ? rather than a car that's been put away for 7 years AND has already run.

If it was my car, i'd change the cam belts, service the engine (change fluids etc.), and the tires. What else would you do? It's a dry storage showroom car since new, not a trash can left outside in the back court !

I'd probably just run it and see what shows itself over the next few months.

/What's the worst that could happen?/ :)

Here the car is registered as the year of import or manufacture. in other words, we have to register the car by the year, ie: 1988 Lotus Esprit. So, an XX is an XX no matter what year it is first registered.

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark