free hit
counters
G Style Lotus Turbo Esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cwehrle

G Style Lotus Turbo Esprit

I have a question for all of you Lotus enthusiasts out there. I have been in the market for a Lotus Turbo Esprit for as long as I can remember. The one big debate that remains is which one, fuel injection or carbeurated? I have heard cases from so many people on boths sides of the debate saying that one is more reliable than the other (relatively speaking), etc. What do all of you out there think? Is there a hands down better, more reliable version of the Giugiaro Styled Esprit?

Thanks,

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The biggest factor for reliability or initial cost of ownership will probably be how well the previous owner has taken care of the car.

Mine is carbureted, so I'm unfamiliar with the fuel injected cars. One thing I would stay away from in buying an older exotic, are those with old computer chips that are becoming scarce. For a marque like Ferrari, I know there is at least one company that is reverse-engineering the ECU for the older cars. But for Lotus, that may be dependent on donor cars or whatever is still in stock somewhere.

regards,

-Dave

All Cows Eat Grass