free hit
counters
replacement rear view mirror rubber stopper alternative - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

replacement rear view mirror rubber stopper alternative

hello everyone. i had the problem of the rear view mirror wobbleing which was realy annoying. anyway i got a replacement mirror but once i had got to fitting it i noticed that the only thing wrong with the existing mirror was that there was no rubber stopper on it , the parts guy at Paul Matty's looked through the books but could not find any part number (but could find the drawing in his books). so using a dremmel and a pencil (not a wooden one) i made my own, see pic attached (just need to replace the rubber with a black one) works fine an cost pence, easy to fit once measured and cut just undo the screws on the roof lining and drop it, (as when i tried unscrewing the mirror the nuts just kept spinning) slide the tip of the pencil on and screw the lining back up, looks fine and works a treat. i think its a better shape than the one that it should have.

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I found the Excel one worked best.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

After mine broke at the base, I drilled it and bolted it with a self cutting screw right into the roof!

It does wobble a bit, but who cares, objects in it shrink at such an incredible rate it is not even worth looking into any way.. :2guns:

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

I used a short piece of vacuum tube cut to length from the mirror to the screen. The factory rubber stopper was too short.

Edited by DanR

DanR

I just put in a short piece of rubber hose compressed a little. No more vibration at all.

Rich FLowers

'95 S4s ...SHF63000

'79 JPS #040

I correctly adjusted mine and it's wobble free. No bodging necessary.