free hit
counters
recharging air conditioner - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
86esprits3

recharging air conditioner

I have a question. I was going to recharge the a/c system today. The adaptor I have for my old stock freon can is looking for a threaded connection to the system. My a/c system caps are beneath the car, at chassis level underneath the compressor. One cap is brass, and the other is blue plastic labeled "L". I guess this is the low pressure side. However, the connection looks like a slip on-similar to the type used on air compressors, or even the new style r134a systems. It has internal threads. I need external threads.

I doubt that this was ever converted to r134a.

I am starting to think that someone converted the fittings and charged it with r134a-any problem with doing this? I heard that ALL hoses need to be changedalong with the condenser or evaporator-I dont really know too much about this.

What do ya think?

mark

Edited by markd

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You might find this thread helpful --> Air conditioning repair

And here's a pretty good guide on converting from R12 that a member has posted on his website. It is several pages long so don't forget to click the "next" button at the bottom of each page.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I put an oil charge in, and charged it with 134a, since I am assuming it was changed over. I dont think they changed the drier though. Blows ice cold air!