free hit
counters
recon radiator required s4 1994 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

recon radiator required s4 1994

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I got mine from Geoff at Esprit engineering - with all the stainless frame, new fans and all - not cheap but much better overall.

He does the 3 core one and turn around isn't that slow, might be a good bet.

facebook = [email protected]

there is a company called COVRAD in coventry who will make you or recore whatever you want and the prices are not unreasonable.

Don't have contact details unfortunately but:-

http://www.covrad.co.uk/

me too Mark, dident help when it pi**ed it down when i was removing it. still have cleaned up the fans, oil cooler grills, re-rivited a couple of brackets etc and emptied all the water from the horns (so they now work) have almost got all new fixings to re-fit so may be complete on Thursday evening

It's Oogies turn to boogie

I dont doubt it - did it have a lot of crap in the element ?

That's probably what trapped the water / damp in there, you have to keep them clean which is why I opted out of the fan cowling so I can just get under there with a vac cleaner and suck it all out (steady).

facebook = [email protected]

hello Jonathan. not too much debris, but just corroded due to being damp, rad was only 3 years old so may be a few out there ready to spring leaks, put a wire brush bit in a drill and did the fan cowlings and brackets, then smooth hamerited them just need a few fixings to attach the front lip etc which i will get either tonight or 1st thing in the morning if i get it about 14:00 tomorrow i will make a start, i think i may even grind off about 1/4 inch off the lower tray that fits over the rad as this should get it past the oil coolers easier. also wire brush some of the underside before its in and may put a bit of protection on.

all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

As i had to remove my oil cooler, i thought it best to replace the Radiator, so today, i took it down to Wolverhampton Radiators - a local company,

As soon as he saw the rad, he said 'its a Lotus, a Lotus Esprit Rad' :) that filled me with great confidence, and even better when he said

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

As i had to remove my oil cooler, i thought it best to replace the Radiator, so today, i took it down to Wolverhampton Radiators - a local company,

As soon as he saw the rad, he said 'its a Lotus, a Lotus Esprit Rad' :) that filled me with great confidence, and even better when he said

Sorry Giorgio :): the rad is a re-core for that price, not a new one i am afraid. Mark from Wolverhampton Radiators just rang me to say the 3 core would be too deep, so i have gone for a 'S' core which has more pipes per core, giving a 25% increase in efficiency - obviously more expensive than standard -

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

It seems unrealistic to me....

I need to study english....to better understand yours topic... :)

Ok, I will wait Buddsy for this...

Thanks as always

Ciao