free hit
counters
UK Visit - Parts advice. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

UK Visit - Parts advice.

Hi Everyone

I am heading over to the UK in a weeks time for a 7 week holiday :lol: I have a small shopping list of parts for the Esprit which is mainly around door rubbers, glass top rubber and other cosmetic items. I was wondering if any of you have any advice on 1/ The best place to get parts and 2/ Anything I should probably consider getting seeing as I live in New Zealand. Kylie has suggested some rear discs. I will be based in London and West Purley in Surrey. Any idaes?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What model do you have, Greg?.. What year?... and how many km's?

I do most of my shopping via the internet, direct from Britain and the USA, but the heavier the item, the higher the postage. However, I don't know if you'll save that much, carrying it back in your suitcases, especially if you incur excess baggage fees :lol:

Cheers.

Ian (Sydney)

Hi Ian

I have a 1988 Carb Turbo and it has just done 40,423 miles or 64,676 Km's. There are 4 of us going so I figure I can spread the weight over all of us :lol: I think your right, but Just trying to make the most of the opportunity.

Edited by greg D

Firstly check this thread and the sale list to see if any of the parts you want are on there. If so order as requested through Bibs and collect through the nearest main dealer, which you can check out via the Lotus website if you have a post code for where you'll be.

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=15042

Personally if you looking to make this a one time opportunity to grab as many parts as you can, I'd buy anything on that list that would fit your car, the discounts are amazingly good.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

If i wanted Esprit parts and only had a 7 week window to get them -

ORDE THEM NOW - you may get them on your departure date.

Be prepared get flexible flights.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Thanks all for your help. Could anyone tell me the best overhaul kit for the gear change mechanism? Had a look on LEW but the Gearshift Repair kit from Espritism.com seem to be out until they start trading again in 2009.

Greg,

My suggestion is that you take a train to Norwich from London (with 7 weeks even Bibs couldn't stay drunk for that long and you will eventually want to see the sights). Give me a call when you have arranged it and I will call Neil at Lotus and arrange for you to tour the aftersales dept at Lotus and pick and choose what you want. Then Neil will arrange delivery to NZ.

Couldn't be simpler, you get a nice day out at Lotus, meet me (what more could you want... :baby: ), get a tour of Norwich and get your bits!

Just PM me and we can discuss it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

get a tour of Norwich

Keep your eyes open.

When I was living in London I was always warned about the Northerners living in Norwich :baby: - funny sort... :lol:

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

"Could anyone tell me the best overhaul kit for the gear change mechanism?"

I got new rear linkages from here

http://espritperformance.com/espritperformance/

The only problem I had was getting the 4mm adjustment correct. The cylindrical shape of the ball joints (rather than hemispherical), made it difficult to see where the centre of the pivot was. The rubber boots kinda help keep moisture and dust out.

The front end is a lot more expensive, I hear.

Bell and Colville in the UK allowed me to order some parts at the LEF sale price (plus their markup and postage fees), but still much, much cheaper than ordering through a local Lotus distributor.

Cheers.

Ian.

Not sure about your neck of the woods ... but for some reason I have always struggled to find decent headlight bulbs ... for the size of them I would snap a couple up and make it easier for myself ... in fact anything small that fits snugly in a travel bag will be coming back with me next time I return to blighty.