free hit
counters
It just Quit! - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you can see it has been awhile for me since I have been online and unfortunately life got in the way of me enjoying my Lotus.  The problem actually turned out to be a poorly bypassed alarm system. 

I did not but the guys at the garage did. Do I know if they checked all eight cylinders.....I do not. Hopefully  it is this , what I would consider  to be a relatively  minor fix in the big scheme of things. Am excited to get it sorted out.

• 11 months later...

As you can see it has been awhile for me since I have been online and unfortunately life got in the way of me enjoying my Lotus.  The problem actually turned out to be a poorly bypassed alarm system.  Appearantly in the past a sub par bypass was done at the ECM with a paperclip and electrical tape.  The mechanic that I took it too was really pretty electrically savvy and after I sent him the PDF of the Repair Manual he looked at the wiring diagrams pretty thoroughly and correctly wired the bypass.  I was afraid I might need a loan for payment, but they ended up being very fair.  Months later I did develop a mis and have been tackling coil replacements.  Of course if you are going to do coils........................you might as well do Plugs, Wires..............................Coolant Temp Sensor...................................Thermostat........................Also, took out injectors and bought an injector cleaning machine to clean them.....................................I am now just putting everything back together.  Gonzo Mendoza walked me through taking off the Intake Plenum, so a Thanks to him and Yes it was awhile ago......................it was pain for a ........................larger than I should be man!!!!!!  I thought about making an extension cable for the IAC connection under the plenum to make it easier to remove in the future and still might try.

• Thanks 1