free hit
counters
Updating front valence of 88 esprit to the v8 model - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jrome

Updating front valence of 88 esprit to the v8 model

Hi,

Lotus newbie here. I am a happy new owner of a 1988 lotus esprit. My plan is to update the valence to the newer one, and, hopefully, update the rest of the spoilers later on.

Would this automatically fit my vehicle or does it need alot of work/customizing? Does this sound like a good idea or would it look awkward?

Thank you for all of the help

Regards,

Jrome

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Having done this along with a whole lot of other mods to my 88 turbo I'd not bother but concentrate on getting your car as clean and standard as possible as there are not so many left in good unmolested standard condition, try and restore her to as she left the factory and you may see some sort of return on your spendings. I have spent over

Edited by mwmackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

I'll echo Marks words exactly, having done pretty much the same thing.

It's all possible... but if you want your car to look like a V8, buy a V8.

Having said that, if you like the challenge and enjoy doing the work yourself, it's very satisfying when you see the end result.

It will cost you big time though.

Thank you for your advice. This made it easier for me to decide what to do with me car; leave it the way it is and maintain it well.

I think the only thing I would change with the vehicle is the red and orange side reflectors that are in the front and rear bumpers. They are about the size of a chocolate bar and quite an eye sore for me!

Any place you guys can recommend where I can buy something else smaller? Thanks again for the advice.

regards,

Jrome