free hit
counters
hopefully a dumb question - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
one_bad_rover

hopefully a dumb question

So Ive got an 03 final run esprit, and Ive heard that there is a wind deflector available to use with the top off. Chatted with the dealer and they told me it was $878, installed, unpainted....

So heres the question, did these deflectors come with the cars and if so, where are they stored... maybe I have one and just havent found it...???

Any help appreciated, thanks!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Corey,

Mine was in the boot (trunk) in a black vinyl bag. It's just a badly fitting lip for the front of the opening left if you remove the glass roof. Two tongues locate into the slots and a velcro strap stops it falling off. Certainly not worth a grand unless you spend most of your time with the roof out - and even then it's incredibly expensive.

I just had one donated (for the cost of postage) by a kind V8 owner who had a spare one.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

It's hand-build GRP, so every man(women) can build one for his (her) own... . more than 800 US-Dollars for a piece of plastic ? :whistle: -sounds as if Lotus has some higher priced 'optional packages' than Porsche ???!! Muhhhaaaa :(

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

have to wait till I get the car back to spy for it, but it sounds like its not worth the time. ah well, guess I'll either deal with the wind noise or just leave the top cracked open. :whistle: Thanks for the response and the advice!!

$878 for that silly piece of plastic! Wow, their margin must be massive. And as mentioned, it doesn't fit very well.

Might come up on ebay or if you're prepared to import it, you could try Douglas Valley.

Anyone know if S & J does one?

i have one and id isn't used often. But i wounder why none has tryed to refabricate an 'non lotus replacement'. Maybe in an more effective style... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Holy cow $878, I'll sell you mine for $500!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!