counters
sherborne castle event dorset - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigsi

sherborne castle event dorset

http://www.sherbornecastle.com/entry.htm

July Sunday 20

'Classics at the Castle' Classic Car & Supercar Show 10.00am - 4:00pm

Over 650 Vintage & classic cars on display, classic car run, trade & craft stands, autojumble, family entertainments, crafts fair

Arrival of Veteran Car Tour at 11:30am

Arrival of Somerset Classic Car Tour at 12:30pm

Adults/OAPs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Would have been good Si, apart from it clashes with the same date as Haines Motor museam.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well, Either way, I'm happy. But what is everyone else's thoughts? - COMMENTS PLEASE.

I'm happy to go with what everybody else wants to do. Lets see how it developes.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My preference is to stick with the Haines Museum visit on the 20th July. But will try to make any alternative dates.

Regards,

Peter.

Well, hopefully we'll be trying to do a run at least every 6-8 weeks? If so, we need places to go, so I can see BigSi's point. It would mean we would have another venue in the bag without any soul searching - and could even use Haynes as a winter venue if we're still running out then.

Maybe we should brainstorm the known annual events and get any we fancy in a schedule so that we're not "surprised" by them. Isnt there also a big car show in Exeter late summer? And another at Taunton Race Course? There's also a hillclimb course somewhere near Honiton that may be worth a look. I dont know any dates - will try to find out.

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

ok the south west festival of motoring which is usually at the taunton race course is no more, it wont be happening again, after last years wet weather and lack of turn out its been cancelled for the future.

i think the sherborne event would be good as its another way of publicising the forum and the esprit in general, im sure we could get the stand off bibs for it, or maybe mr bibs will join us who knows, but as its a massive event it would be good to be there.

as i said haynes is always there its not an issue going there by any means on any given day or weekend.

i think its better to do an event thats once a year rather than the museum which is there 365 days a year, besides we get all the pople who havent seen an esprit taking interest and once again we promote the forum and the mark in general.

i have to say, i think its better to do the castle event.

im sure we could get the stand off bibs for it,

I'm sure we could, but transportation is always going to be the biggest issue. Anybody who brings it, is volunteering not to bring their Esprit.

Si you could use it as a spoiler - might make your Esprit go faster...

Back to the point - i'm up for both.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Only 3 posted replys. As we have 7 confirmed yes's for Haynes, the Haynes event will take preferance.

Edited by mayesprit

got to say im a bit dissapointed, haynes is always there and will still be there at a future date, i really think we are missing out on a new event at the castle. what with its auto jumbles and plethora of other attractions.

I agree with your comments Si but have to be led really by confirmed bums on seats.

Sign in to follow this