free hit
counters
HID Conversion - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
act2007

HID Conversion

Approximately 3 hours of labor (I decided to do it really really really slow), spent approximately $230 including tax (w/other stuff needed for mounting the ballast...it looks more blue in the photos, actually the color is super crystal white, it is very white & the color temperature is 6000K. Here are the photos:

http://act0227.spaces.live.com/?lc=1033

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are you not spose to put the ballasts somewhere which is well ventilated, thought I'd read they get hot somewhere?

Once you finished you'll need to change your side light bulbs to match, will look cool then.

I did mine a couple of years ago, with the same kit I think.

I put the ballasts inside the front compartment, just behind the lift motors.. I didn't fancy all the extra weight being inside the headlamp pod, as going over a bump in the road would put loads more stress on the everything that deals with lifting and keeping the pods in place.. Before you know it you'll have wobbly headlamps I reckon.

Plus, they get a reasonable amount of rain inside the pods as well.

They do look ace though. I love mine!

Approximately 3 hours of labor (I decided to do it really really really slow), spent approximately $230 including tax (w/other stuff needed for mounting the ballast...it looks more blue in the photos, actually the color is super crystal white, it is very white & the color temperature is 6000K. Here are the photos:

http://act0227.spaces.live.com/?lc=1033

O-M-G.

Who put that leather bra on his silver Esprit?

Did he not read this?

http://www.protectyourpaint.com/Photo_Gallery.html

It's not the 80's anymore ;-) J/K

Edited by 2003 V8 TT

Are you not spose to put the ballasts somewhere which is well ventilated, thought I'd read they get hot somewhere?

Once you finished you'll need to change your side light bulbs to match, will look cool then.

Ya, that was what I thought to begin with, but a couple of my buddies did the same thing & it's been years, they never had a problem.

Which kit was it... and where did you get it in the US.

JoeyO

2001 v8

It's a local motorsport shop, this is one of the higher end "Made in Taiwan" HID's. The brand is "JD Lighting". What I like about it is you get a 1 yr warranty on everything & there's a reflector attached to the bulb assemble so the light is focused and not everywhere so I don't constantly piss people off.