free hit
counters
Blow off valve / dump valve - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
86esprits3

Blow off valve / dump valve

I have been recently reading up on blow off valves, and dump valves. Some people wonder why the esprit was never fitted with one. What do you guys think? Would there be any benefit to fitting one of these valves? If so, what kind of parameters do I need to look for when selecting?

thanks

mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, have one fitted to my GT3, its good for the gear changes and the kids/chavs love it when you dump the gas from 1st to 2nd, or 2nd to 3rd in town. And it kind scares old people. Yes it does shout oi look at me, but then again so does the whole car.

Its a must. If you want one with out the noise but want the functionality go for the recirculating type. Work just as good but sound like a cat farting.

A.

Hi Mark,

I think you may need to rephrase the question. I think on your car it may be more difficult to install one.

Email a picture of your engine and I will tell you.

[email protected]

The main benefit is to protect the turbo from back pressure when you take your foot off the gas.

Iam not sure if you need one for your car as is boosts to 0.65BAR. The V8 isn't that much more at 0.75BAR but I've installed them on my V8. The SE/S4/S4s boost at 0.85BAR and IMO all need them. As for the GT3, I think this boosts to 1BAR so again IMO needs one.

I don't think they do harm and if they protect your turbo even at 0.65BAR then that's good news in my books.

Dave

They sound like shite tho!! They make your high performace supercar sound like a bloody bus!!!

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

No sorry, if they dont vent to atmoshere they are fine. Its just a pet peave of mine all these kids driving around slowly whoshin at every gear change with them stupid wide exhausts making their cars sound if they needin a right good tune up!!! lol

They sound like shite tho!! They make your high performace supercar sound like a bloody bus!!!

Can you get off the fence Scott....LOL

Hahaha I think I was in a bit of a...er...forceful mood yesterday lol no offence ment to anyone but come on they do sound like busses!!! :lol:

cool buses.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg