free hit
counters
Christmas for my Esprit - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Christmas for my Esprit

Due to a minor oversight - honest - on my part, I've found

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Pretty much sod all history for the engine (other than a C service 5000 ago) but I think your carbs suggestion is a good one - will add it to the list!

Haven't looked at the turbo yet, but the rad looks suspiciously recent.

New candles to go in the great headlights.

Go for a brake upgrade, it'll add to your safety if you use it wisely, or add to the fun if you use it less wisely and decide you can go into corners and brake later.

Andy

Candles I can manage, but adding extra expenditure to the

I didn't buy mine off the shelf but I guess all combines that's roughly what mine came to, I've ended up moving from the old Toyota 10inch discs to 12 1/4 by 1 1/4 with 4 pot callipers. That makes it loose speed very nicely, no fade even under severe braking.

I used 2nd hand callipers from a Mitsubushi GTO (import model), Wilwood rotors, bells from Rallydesign, prodrive pads, manufactured bracket (flat 20mm thick ali with 4 holes in it), then the backs went from the 11 inch rotors with Renault callipers to the same ones as the V8 (rotors and callipers).

Machining was, have the front hub area where the disc sits cleaned and levelled in a lathe, have the holes drilled in the bell to suit (4 bolt holes and centre bore), have the bell machined on one surface to position the disc (they give an extra 10mm of material so you can adjust the offset of the rotors).

calculate and drill the 4 holes for the calliper bracket (2 to line up with the old mounting holes, 2 line up with the new calliper lugs).

I made a new dust shield from some ali sheet I had.

The rears just bolt straight on.

Now that's

investment acount, save it for when you really need it...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

1st - Braking

2nd - speed

3rd - SP60

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

If you have no engine history..change the cambelt. If you do have engine history...change the cambelt!! It's the major Achilles heel of the design, for me...mine came with a FSH all signed off and the cambelt snapped in the first month of ownership. People tell lies, y'know!! Also make sure the tension is correct. After that, you'll positively KNOW where you are with belt changes..since we generally don't cover great mileages, every 2 years should be the aim. Then have a good look round and do what's necessary..fuel hoses definitely, you can join my campaign to get people to change them every 2 years with the cambelt!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

If it is a chargecooled car then upgrade the pump impellor to poly, bout

Gary - I may have misunderstood.

Do you mean

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Decent brakepads are a must (porterfield) maybe get your calipers reconditioned and some braided brake hoses and a braided clutch hose.. also fix your window and any other wee niggles then enjoy!! I'd not modify anything from standard, spend a day or two detailing and bobs your uncle....

Mark

P.S Not many standard 88 turbos about so keep her as she left the factory and as clean as possible... Oh maybe get the carbs cleaned and rejetted??

Oh maybe just keep the cash in an account for when your fuel tank starts to leak??? Service is always a good idea too.....

Edited by mwmackenzie

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Cheers guys - a fscinating diversity of replies, which I will hide from the wife as I'll now need to add on about an extra grand.

Roger - this