free hit
counters
ariel base gasket - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

ariel base gasket

hello everyone. got the ariel base rubber gasket (roof mounted) as the one on mine was split and cracked, got it from a company on ebay, cant understand why i could not get this bit through vw as the golf one fits (pretty sure that the polo has the same one as well) as they wanted to sell the complete base for about

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I need to do that job too ... can you post the link to the ebay item please?

How much was it by the way?

Cheers

Mine's also cracked and I had the same problem trying to buy the gasket on its own. Eventually I made a rubber one but would prefer the original. Where did you get it?

DanR

Search in Ebay under antenna base gasket....worldwide search. I got mine from a VW application-fit perfect, approx. $10 usd shipped. The guy I got mine from verified it would fit by giving him my base's measurements.

I also had the same issue and I solve it by replacing with an after market unit which had the same base.

Ebay provided the solution but the wirring of the new uni tis not the same I only used the base rubber and the tip!!!

It's just a shame that what ever you fit doesn't actually work! I've tried three aerials now and not one gives a good reception. :lol:

The radio works, but as soon as you go out of a built up area reception is lost.

Owen

S4 onwards whip antenna originally came from the GM Calibra and Tigra.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I think you'll find the Calibra's is a little larger as there's a washer outlet built into it.

DanR