free hit
counters
Another nice refurbed part under way - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Another rusty support bracket gets a make over. This one is bolted through rear boot under the carpet which holds the rear bumper up in place underneath. It shows a nasty rusted bracket with bolt ends and nuts exposed just above the rear diffuser, its bloody aweful. All nuts had to be broken off they were pretty bad, but once all out and on the bench I got Simon to fire up the angle grinder (I hate those things )to cut back the flaky rust flat ready for the rust converter which was painted on in these pics. We actually thought the brackets were totally knackered and about to make new ones but these came up good and I will use again. They look lumpy in the pics but thats just the rust primer I put on yesterday they are actually nice and flat. Today I just have to paint them with a nice charcoal coloured etch primer and put back with SS nuts and bolts. The colour combo under there will look real nice with sparkly new bolts. more pics soon.

rearbumperbracketsrustconverter.jpg

I am a bit naughty I should be doing some of my art work over the weekend but im easily side tracked on this car for good reason :lol:

All done just have to tighten nuts. Painted bracket with new ss fittings under bumper

fittedbracketunderrearbumper.jpg

Painted bracket in boot with new ss fittings

bracketfittedinbootwithnewfittings.jpg

350.gifNo.23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you believe that is an great job, try and replace/rework the front bumper mounts :flower:

:lol:

PS. Happy "realigning" :respect:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..