free hit
counters
Stuck - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

OK I've got the anti role bar clamps off, I now have one bottom wishbone sitting on the deck, role bar still attached, just how do you get the bar out of the wishbone?

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, that's what it looks like, but doesn't seem motivated to come out! I'm of course having all the problems you would expect working on the underside of a car that spent the first 19 years of it's life on English roads, haven't broken anything yet!

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

i sprayed some diluted dish soap around the ARB and the rubber bushings

and pulled a little each side

came right out (after some muscling)

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

If you have a rachet strap hook one end over the bar the other end to a secure mounting and slowly rachet away. Plus you don`t have to get so close to the bar. Can also use them to put the tension on the bar on refitting. Pop a bit of sponge or cloth round the hooks to protect bar.

Edited by pauli