free hit
counters
FreeSat HD TV... anyone got it? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

FreeSat HD TV... anyone got it?

GordonMasson

I dont have Sky HD but i was thinking about getting FreeSat HD TV

http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=features.Main

Has anyone got this... is it worth getting

Is Sky HD worth the money??

What can you tell me??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way does it differ from free-to-air? Is it still encrypted in some way?

I have free-to-air with a motorised dish which gives me access to maybe 15 satellites with literally 1000's of free channels (including all the standard BBC, ITV, Film4 etc.). In fact I dont have a terrestrial ariel at the moment. Of course, 99% are rubbish, foreign or incomprehensible, but you can have an evenings entertainmaint simply trawling through them.

You can then buy Cams/cards (original or hacked) that decrypt the encrypted pay services to let you watch 100's more channels.

So, the question is, what extra does FreeSat give that normal free to air does not?

cheers Steve

Can only get 4 channels at the moment and can't get Freeview (as we're out of range), so am thinking of either Freesat or Sky's cheapest package. Freesat's tempting as it's a one off payment. Are the channels any good? It has a few I haven't heard of like True Movies.

I thought FreeSat was just the HD version of FreeView? Didn't realise you got extra channels.

Would I notice the difference between an HD Fiona Bruce and a Non-HD version?

I doubt it. So, I'll keep my

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Its not the number of channels im looking at but the quality of the picture ... I have a 1080p telly and if its true HD then it may be worth a look???????

Anyone actually got it ?

Depends what you watch.

At the moment there are limited HD channels, BBC, Sky1, ITV(just launched on FreesatHD). Discovery, Sky Movies, Sky Arts, National Geographic, History channel, 4HD(Channel 4) and Sky sports. Obviously these are the ones available through Sky. Other vendors may be different.

All the other channels are broadcast in normal definition.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Ive got a Sky HD box with a 1080p/i Panasonic plasma tele and the quality is superb.

The SKY HD box is excellent. (and you can record to the hard disk - which I dont think is available yet on freestat)

I havent subscribed to the SKY HD service yet and I only get the free stations - BBC, Channel 4 but I do recommend HD.