free hit
counters
Esprit prices - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bazza 907

Esprit prices

An old chestnut I know but what with UK Sportscars trying to sell a 1985 Turbo with 34k miles on the clock at

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think you can ask for as much as you like. Its not relevant. Uk Sportscars are no indication. Its what people are prepared to pay that defines the value.

Ask for 30K for a G car if you want! It means bugger all.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

You have to also factor this into the mix:

In the ten years i've had Esprits, UK sportscars has been

one of the most expensive used Esprit dealer out there with

stock that stays there for months/years...

They had my SE there for about

I suppose there is another line of thought that says "Ask yourself, would I pay that price?"

I know its all relative. :(

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

But, as an industry man, I have to point out that Dealer prices are what sets CAP guide prices. The more cars are sold at these prices the more the guide will increase. It's why Manufacturers are so strict on discounting these days (Unless you're Ford or Vauxhall), even on used cars.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

i was just about to post a topic on this,,,,went on PH and nearly fell over, blue GT3 more miles than mine

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

UK Sportscars vs Real world = two different things.

Sorry to burst the old bubble there fruity but they had an old S4 there about 2 years ago for

facebook = [email protected]

jonathon buy mine you need another LOL

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

As much as I hate to say it Karl, you've been half heartedly trying to sell your car for a long time and I personally think you would be able to ship it on a lot easier if it looked like an Esprit again.

As is, you're narrowing your market massively and I'd imagine going to have to take a huge hit on the value due to it's looks. Is there an option of you having it returned to it's normal look again? I'm guessing you'd put

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

thats the point, i cant be arsed to try and sell it properly, and if it did sell i would sell it outside the esprit world for deffinate. dont have the money for a "gamble like that" mmmMMM total respray for one, in fact front and rear bumpers would prob do it, then it would look 95% back to normal with a slight twist which even to a pureist would be ok. but hey i dont do "NORMAL", some ppl like some ppl dont but thats the whole point of it, to stand out from the crowd and apart from the rear bumper i love the car, ive just had it a long long time.

also im about the only esprit driver that doesnt nail there car, like mr kimbers jr (he will be here soon) he just spend 2 million pounds on his s4s putting it right, so im sure if ppl where that bothered they would buy it for less than there going for and just buy front and rear bumpers as the engine is mint, new clutch/slave next week.

mark thats quality lol

Edited by karluk29

It will take a lot of faith for anyone to believe that, true or not!

You are tarred with the 'mod' and 'cruise' brush, which aren't regarded as activities one attends in a supercar and doesn't nail it, do burn outs, street race etc!

Perception, that's all it is. You could have a 3 foot mohawk and help the aged at the weekend but if someone sees you in the street they'll judge you by your appearance, as anyone who sees your car will.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

very true bibs, but i know 110% that 99% of owners kill there cars. this is what makes me laugh, i use mine for work and thats it, cant afford to take it anywhere if im honest.

this is why im never the one on here asking about parts/ car breaking / garages etc etc, its totally reliable

and also depends on the world your in, i have been in every car world going just about as im not biased or a hard core loon, i like cars. if a car has even touched a track i wouldnt go near it, thats what amazes me about ppl.

the PROPER modder, bar a few love there cars as much as your nutter pureist, and there immaculate also, its all very strange, i will just keep doing little bits to mine now untill im more happy with certain areas then MAYBE go for a real sale.

i gotta be honest i spent about 15 mins just looking at karls car at supercar sunday, i went all around it looking it over, had a look inside etc.. and then stood back.

i for one love the way the car looks, theres nothing i dont like about it now to be honest and i really like the colour of it too, the black spoiler and engine grills etc really set it off.

if i was looking for an esprit to buy i wouldnt give it a second thought, the reason is, coming from another club where modding was standard and having my old kakimoto racing prepared fairlady i know from my own experiences that you can tell when a modded car has been looked after. one thing to remember is that serious modders spend a lot of money on quality parts and then like me are festidious about the cars appearence and condition.

gotta be honest "id buy that for a dollar!"

That's an odd assumption, that 99% of people kill their cars.

If you mean that they drive them hard and are required to perform maintenance on them, then this is true. If 99% of cars were dead, then only 100 people would be driving a working Esprit.

If a tracked car is also dead, how come there is a market for Atoms, CSLs and other 'track' focussed cars. It's a short sighted view to think that making a performance car 'perform' will kill it. They are more or less made to be driven hard however I appreciated that this may accelerate the service schedule but if people are prepared to do this, then it's their car so be it.

You've had a couple of new turbo's yourself, I'm sure they wouldn't have failed if you've never spooled them up eh! :(

Si, this isn't really about our perceptions of Karls car. I like bits, hate bits and I'm sure I've conveyed this to Karl many times. The pink paint is shocking too! :( It's about a 'modder' trying to sell his car outside of the 'modding' market and personally, with the reputation modders have I think that he will struggle.

Just my opinion, that's all.

Evora NA

i have had 1 turbo and a repair as the first turbo blew becuase 5,,,,,yes,,,,5 years ago i stupidly tried to pull off like a dick, and it blew as i went on the gas and off and on again, the repair wasnt really a repair as such it had a 360 bearing fitted and a dump valve fitted to stop it ever dying again.

mmmMMM ok it was a figure of speech about the 99%, but as for atoms etc etc,,,,,,ERRR,,,,,there "are you ready for this it may shock you all" TRACK DAY CARS!!!!!! WOW<<<<<<< the world has just turned in reverse,,,,armageddon. a esprit is not really, its a posh road car thats in todays word moderatly fast.

the 99% quote was just to say, that ppl would buy a car for

So....to sumarise:

The Esprit market is like all markets it goes up, it goes down.

Mainly down, though.

yeah, thats the point

now GKP buy my car instead you tartan monster lol. oh and your screwed also, reversing cam,,,MODDER BWOY!!!

Lots of people mod their cars Karl but Graham isn't going to struggle to sell his because of a very hard to spot but useful device and a bit of tartan. I'd hardly bracket your GT3 in the same league.

There's no need to be defensive, you're not being criticised nor is your car. I'm saying that you've gone down a road which means that when you wish to seriously sell your car, the market you're selling to and with the image your car has, I think that you're going to struggle. In all honesty, it is a touch more than a couple of bumpers but that's beside the point I think. Your car shouts 'boy racer' as that's the scene it's associated with.

Evora NA

LOL Graham, I was wondering where the ups came in ?!?!

Karl, thanks for the offer but I have enough trouble with this pair of 4 wheeled bastads as it is !

I can understand though becuase I am sort of in the modding thing with the GT2, ideally I dont have time and I would sell it but SE prices are not exactly premium at the moment. See I bought the car as a blank canvas but the only thing that stops me is that I just dont have the time to finish / drive it but also it's too good to sell at the price someone would offer for it - just like your position it seems.

Selling it once it has been modded will be a night mare - even though it was going to be along the lines of a Mike Sekinger replica.

So I'm stuck in the cross roads of 'keep it as it is and sell it for roughly what I apid for it' or 'Mod the bugga, finish the game but not have an awful lot of time to enjoy it and sell it for less than it's worth becuase not everyone wants a racing car for the road'

IOf I were you Karl with the money you've put into it I would look at ways to keep it - taking my own advice I might mod my GT2 and take it along with the friends I have with silly (BHP) supras and mental Evos - I dont have any badge snobbery me. only prob one of the cars would probably end up as a garage queen.

facebook = [email protected]

trying not to be defensive.

BUT think about it, replace the bumpers and remove the wing, what would your average esprit buying really notice?

ok the wheels, which arent BLING, not really much else that ppl would know straight away.

oh yeah and a "boy racer" is not a "modder" been both i know the difference

But the general 'car buying' public don't.

I know people as you do who've sent fortunes on their engine bays and won't ever take the car over 3,000 rpm.

You may have lavished much dinero on your car and even spent a comparable amount and driven it with the care and gentleness as someone who owns a concourse 'original' car. Line them up next to each other, same price and which one will sell first?

They've both had the same car, the same loving bestowed upon them but people look at them and form their opinion from there.

Evora NA