free hit
counters
Clip Centre arm rest! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buddsy

Clip Centre arm rest!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They're totally useless, those plastic clips..had exactly the same problem. I ended up using roofing bolts, the ones with low-domed heads and X slots in them..fit them with nuts just sufficiently loose so that you can slide the armrest under the heads. It works, and they don't break.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Hi peeps...

Yes - what BigSi said - worked for me...

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Thanks guys I thought that may be the way to do it...after I had smashed them all up lol I will have to get some more and go for round 2

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Err - Velcro? :thumbsup:

How many people have sat in your car and tried to pull up on the armrest to stash their sunglasses, purse or wallet in there? That ripping noise soon put em off.

Edited by markt

Yep, like Mark, I used velcro in the end....

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone :-(

1977 S1 Esprit, in bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The parts falling from this car are examples of the finest British craftsmanship”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."