free hit
counters
Very quick front wheel bearing question - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spiggsy

Very quick front wheel bearing question

Just checking out the parts x-ref spreadsheet.

Lotus part A089C8004F and A089c8005F

Both have x-ref parts for Toyota ... one is "Fits 1984 Toyota Celica Front" and the other is "For 1988."

Is there a difference between these as the Toyota parts are different numbers, whilst the Lotus part is the same ?

1990 SE if that makes any difference too.

Cheers !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The 84 outer race is not the same as the 88 esprit front hub... not too sure about the 90 esprit... but the bearings have a number stamped on them... just take the bearing to your local part shop and they will easily cross-reference it... or, if you want a cheaper price.. .take it to a bearing shop.

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Hello,

I changed my front wheel bearings recently on my 1990 SE and posted the SKF numbers in the Stevens X reference topic.

Front Wheel Bearings:

A089C8005F (Outer bearing) SKF bearing LM 11949/910/Q (Cup is LM11910/Q and Cone is LM11949/Q)

A089C8004F (Inner bearing) SKF bearing LM 67048/010/Q (Cup is LM67010/Q and Cone is LM67048/Q)

The seal has an outer diameter of 62mm, the inner diameter is 48 mm and the thickness is 7 mm. I used one with an additional dustlip. I fitted the bearings in my 1990 SE and the price was around 80 Euro for a whole set (2 Front wheels) including the 2 seals.

Freek

Esprit Freak