free hit
counters
North East Esprit Group - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Loose Cannon

North East Esprit Group

Dear Bibs

Is it possible to have a NEEG subsection? We managed to get a few cars together last month, hopefully that will be the start. Unfortunately I am away over the date of the next Metrocentre meet, although TBH it might be nice to go somewhere quieter next time where there is more opportunity to get to know everyone. Any suggestions as to a next run out, preferably nearer August?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ta-da!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks Bibs, NEEG lives! The Newest, Best, and Most Active Esprit group in the whole wide world. Probably. Ahem.

Okay, where to go for the next meet?

Hippo and I have done South Shields/Marsden/Seaburn coastal area a coupla times. There are a few quiet car parks (eg Souter Lighthouse, although someone was gunned down there last year....!), where we could meet up and then go for a run up and down the coast road to give the natives a bit of excitement....and maybe stop for a coffee at a nice quiet little cafe.

I know of one, with off road parking, on a farm just off the coast road. I know the owner and could probably make arrangements for part of the car park to be cordoned off just for us Esprit Gods.

Just a thought.

Current menagerie;
Kawasaki Z1000SX 2017 (Thinking man's sports tourer)

BMW X3 35D M Sport 2015 (Thinking man's chelsea tractor)

Toyota Hilux Invincible 2007 (Thinking man's mud plugger)

Lotus Esprit V8 1996 (Thinking man's thinking destroyer)

Most Active Esprit group in the whole wide world.

A bold statement. That sounds nice and not too far away (petrol) might be a chance for more of a chat than the other evening, find out who we all are and what we want out of any group/club.

Edited by LooseCannon

Is anybody out and about this weekend? I got a full tank o' fuel and nowhere to go...

Surely any trip out must include a drive through the Tyne Tunnel with the windows down... :)

Andy your farmer friend idea sounds ideal

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Been through the TT 4 times in the last 2 weeks, each time every twunt in there was down to 20mph, seriously. I asked on Pistonheads if cameras had been installed because I was down to 2nd gear sometimes. Unfortunately no spare time this weekend, getting ready for a holiday

Just a 'use it or lose it' reminder guys :ice:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just a seasonal lull mate, I'm sure with a snifter of decent weather and some car shows we'll be out of hibernation. My car isn't even taxed at the moment!

Really ought to get out in mine soon...especially after Saturday's events :):):cry:

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Just to let you guys know I've started my, er, "repairs". So hopefully I'll be good as new come the Spring.

Meantime, any suggestions for a good supplier of V8 bodyparts would be most welcome. :)

Current menagerie;

Yeah looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay full retail :)

Current menagerie;

Andy - PM me a list (inc part numbers) of what you need and I'll ask around. No promises but you never know :)

Evora NA

Sorry Bibs, just seen your post. I've already ordered what I think I need. Some from my local dealer, and some from SJ sportscars Ltd. In fact the parts should be on the way to the body shop to be sprayed as we speak . The work is progressing nicely, I'll post a pic or two, shortly.

Edit: Hippo took me for a spin in his Exige on Saturday. What a machine! I'm green with envy. Things won't be so bad when I'm back on the road. :)

Edited by Andy_A

Current menagerie;

work in progress....

post-2504-1236808223_thumb.jpg

Current menagerie;

All done. Good as new. Ask Hippo!

Current menagerie;

Sign in to follow this