free hit
counters
Carbon Fiber Body Panels - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
doporto

Carbon Fiber Body Panels

I ran a '98 V8GT with both composite and glass but obviously the GT has the composite as standard so the lip is already lower. I wonder if the there is some extra adjustment available by adding/removing to the spacers on the roof itself rather than attacking the car?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You could do that Advantage, but then you run into the problem of the tailgate fouling the roof panel when you open the tailgate. It's not much, but it would be enough with the roof sitting a bit higher.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Sorry to drag this old thread up again, I am looking at my next project which is going to be a rear decklid but as mentioned some people may still have access, or know of someone that does, to the moulds. I have been unable to get a second decklid to make a mould from, they are asking too much so borrowing/renting or buying the mould would be my next step if the owner is willing to lend/part with it.

Mike S, obviously with your contacts with Mike Haines. Would you be able to drop him a line of inquiry on my behalf to this affect?

Superdave, have you still got access to a mould? Same as above really.

Just a thought as the car is off the road at the mo and I have access to a proper workshop now.

Cheers all.

Dom

Mmm, they do look like quality parts but I can't imagine they'd lend me moulds so I could make my own.

Hey, talk to these chaps in Portugal, Jasa Carbon.

Telephone number:  (351) 913478306

They make nice CF parts inexpensively. Just send them your part as a pattern.

Edited by MrDangerUS

On 6/15/2016 at 14:29, qwerty123 said:

Sorry to drag this old thread up again, I am looking at my next project which is going to be a rear decklid but as mentioned some people may still have access, or know of someone that does, to the moulds. I have been unable to get a second decklid to make a mould from, they are asking too much so borrowing/renting or buying the mould would be my next step if the owner is willing to lend/part with it.

Mike S, obviously with your contacts with Mike Haines. Would you be able to drop him a line of inquiry on my behalf to this affect?

Superdave, have you still got access to a mould? Same as above really.

Just a thought as the car is off the road at the mo and I have access to a proper workshop now.

Cheers all.

Dom

Hi Dom,

Unfortunately, Mike Haines has for a number of years been completely out of Motorsport activities.  He no longer possesses any moulds, jigs or parts that could be used.

One thought - have you talked to Peter Downes? He prepared the replica #21 GT1 car. He may have some parts or even moulds that could be used.

Cheers,

Mike S

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

See PM

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

On 6/24/2016 at 11:45, MrDangerUS said:

Hey, talk to these chaps in Portugal, Jasa Carbon.

Telephone number:  (351) 913478306

They make nice CF parts inexpensively. Just send them your part as a pattern.

I used him to make a deckled spoiler for my M6...DO NOT USE HIM...  

On 6/24/2016 at 11:45, MrDangerUS said:

If the only thing constant is change, then why do we resist change the most?