free hit
counters
North West Group ? - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GC1

North West Group ?

Does that mean we can get a North West group if their's going to be a north east ???

If their arent too many members yet we could meet the north east lot untill numbers increase.

only a surggestion.

Q mr Bibs.

GC1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a canny ride out between here and Lancashire! If you fancy meeting up why not do the cars in the Park thing at Bolton Abbey in the Autumn (or I think it's there, they were thinking of moving it lst time I looked). That's reasonably central.

I am going to contact the ludicrous amounts of fractured Lotus clubs in the NE/Yorkshire region to see if they fancy turning up.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

yep thats great ,did the April meet when it rained but huge turn out......

GC1

So it was a good turnout then? I heard the opposite, as I missed it due to a holiday clash.

It's so local, and so cheap to get in (

Well I'd not seen so many car's their before,check out his web page loads of car pic (mine) on their....where's this house ???not a clue...

GC1

Harewood House, as in the hillclimb, just around the corner from Bolton really (I don't know why they're moving it)

Hi Graham,

there are lots of Esprit owners in the NW to make up a group. I had compiled a bit of a list. As soon as I find it I'll pm you. It will be tomorrow now as Iam off to see Alan Croft in Hull today.

You can put me down for starters.

Regards,

Dave Walters

If you organise an event and it's a success then agree on an area co-ordinator then you can have a group on here, those is the rules :shock:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well thats nearly enough to fill a small car park,look's good so far .look forward to that list,their must be quite a few up here......

GC1

Offshore members here - Glyn and I, and a couple more Lotus owners who aren't on LEF

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

What a great idea, The last 3 car shows I had done last month, there was one Lotus - not just one esprit (mine) :-) but I was the only Lotus.

Whats happening to the Brand

I think being as I live in Heysham,we could take the Isle of man people too,more the merry'er......!

GC1

Another NW owner here too!

Won't be able to turn up with the car very often tho...

Hi Graham,

Off the top of my head. There are LEF NW Esprit owners such as:-

1. Carl Charlesworth S4

2. Phil Betts SE

3. Steve Mercer + Tracey (they have S350 + 02 V8)

4. Lincoln Jones V8

5. David Hopwood V8

6. Richard Davies V8

7. John Wotherspoon V8

There are lots more but are not members on here. I will try get them to register.

Hi Guys !

NWEG - Not quite teh same ring to it - but its a lot less miles to meet up. The NMEG guys are great, and I hope to get a trip down to see them again in the next month or so once teh cars back together. But count me in for the NWEG group.

Oh and top of SuperDave's list, Im not sure if that in order of most no shows, with my wanna be V8... B)

Carl,

And NMEG looks forward to seeing you again matey.

If all else fails the perhaps we can link up for the convoy to the factory in September (if you're going)

See you soon,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Right then guy's some good responses their,so lets have a meet, a few beer's etc and lets look at doing it one sunday afternoon,I'll book the weather.

Ok any suggestion's as to where,large pub car park and not to far from a motorway for easy access for everyone.

some idea's ,The Longlands,Kendal,The boatyard off m65 jct 3,East of Preston.,Wiggin Tree off M6 Parbold.......http://www.thewiggintreeparbold.co.uk/

Lets try and get this done before the end of July so we an move forward while were still in what is meant to be summer...!

I will be at the following car show's if anyone wish''s to join me or just come and say Hi...

20 July Heaves Hall Hotel nr Kendal.

3 August Heysham Classic car show in Village.

And possibly Tatton Park...

GC1

Just a 'use it or lose it' reminder guys :ice:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

bibs looking at some ideas at the mo .so hopefuly posting soon.....

GC1

Good man Graham :ice:

Evora NA

Graham ,

easiest way is to just pick the day and place, post it and say who is coming.

We did that last weekend with Dodgy's annual NMEG outing. Originally we posted to go somewhere, weather was bad so we adapted on the day. You can try and plan too much in the hope of a mega turn out or something.

If a couple guys just meet up for a pub lunch, isnt that the point, meeting one or a few others for a natter and give the esprit a shake down.

Good luck, and remember you can always attract some of the NMEG guys up north.

Alex

^ what Alex said. Initially we (AEG) tried to do it democratically and just ended up with page after page of endless debate. Twas like trying to herd cats...

Sign in to follow this