free hit
counters
Getting a bit P!**ed off! - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rogerch

Getting a bit P!**ed off!

OK so the chassis is great, but I am getting real jack of 10 minute jobs taking 4 hours, pushed out all the suspension bushes in 10 minutes, bar one been going at that for 4 hours, 2 hours to get one hydrolic line out, finished up scrapping it anyway, 2 hours to get the sway bar out, looking back I should have just got the grinder out in the first place.

I'll take this last bush job to local engineering shop in the morning, I'm just venting off, a little bit of care and forthought when you work on these things can save hours and hours next time. This started as a simple change all the bushes and swivells, get everything cleaned and powder coated, throw in a radiator, all new hydrolic lines, rebuild calippers, and replace just about every nut and bolt, simple! I'll be finished in a week or so. Then I think I'll terrorise the local plod.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hehe join the club, it's a long tough job if you have not done it before, or havent got the specific tools.

It's the one on the front wishbone which is pressed inyou probably had trouble with, getting that one aligned correctly is nigh on impossible unless you have a hydraulic press to slowly force it in.

It ha to go just right otherwise the front part of that wishbone will not locate so plan ahead !!

facebook = [email protected]

Welcome to the world of Esprit ownership...

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

It's not so much that it's an Esprit, it's 2 things, spending the first 19 years of it's life on UK roads, and then just shody maintenance, I have had to cut out brake lines when I have invoices for brake work! including callipers which I am now rebuilding.

Don't use nuts you have rounded off to get off! throw them out and replace them, just put a bit thought into when you next visit that job or part of the car.

Roger

(and yes Jonathan you right about which one, but I've had a 10 ton press on it and still can't move it)!

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Yup, had all of that too - which is why it forced me to do practically all my work myself becuase I know it gets done properly and with the care it deserves - I also trust my mechanic at the dealer to do the work as well, it's important to have a good mechanic.

The wishbone is a really tricky shape as well to press too - Lipscombs did mine perfectly but Adrian said it took a shit load of force to move it, which considering....is a good thing or the wishbone would probably flap about. Get someone with a big bertha to nudge it - believe me when the new one goes in it needs to be almost perfect and the only way to get that control is a big bastard press.

facebook = [email protected]

:D I know exactly how you feel. Just think when its all done you wont have to fix that part again, theres light at end of tunnel. Unless the brown snakes and redbacks over there take a liking to some of those nice cosy spots in the car youll have nothing to worry about :):thumbup:

350.gifNo.23

Hey you, slagging off the UK roads.. :D

I would be more worried in Aus of getting my car hijacked by 'Toecutter' or 'Master Blaster'. We've all seen Mad Max! :thumbup::)

Edited by Glyn Harper

Lewis Hamilton walked it on Sunday, he maybe only 23 but he's had 15 years experience of wet weather racing!

I can say it I'm English the roads are usually wet, hey my Mum lives in Wales, I don't think it's ever stopped there, and as I recall there is this very nasty habit of putting salt on the roads in winter, I remember the "fibreglass" sills, the old rusty bombs I used to drive one!

Roger :thumbup:

I think this might be progress, at bloody last!

Suspensionproject1.jpg

Roger :)

Amongst the complaints I did not see mention of the required blood and scraped knuckle sacrificial offerings. Without the blood and guts the automotive gods will not smile favorably in your direction. Take heed.

Will dermatitis do?

Getting towards the end now, this is a box of bits most of which I have had to literally cut off the car, note the hydraulic stuff, I have invoices for work done!!

SuspensionProject3a11.jpg

Roger