free hit
counters
Fuel pump not working - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Fuel pump not working

The car has been on axle stands for a couple of weeks awaiting the new suspension.

Took the oportunity to tidy a few things up and sort a few bits out.

Battery has been disconnected and the plenum has been off for a few days while I waited for parts.

The engine is now back together and wont start due to the fuel pump not priming when the ignition is turned on.

Am I missing something obvious?.......is it an alarm issue as the battery has been disconnected? (my exige does that).

My mind's a blank.

Help appreciated as I'm off to the ring on Thursday and I've still to take delivery of, and fit the new suspension.

Ta

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Danny,

Nice you see you briefly today! Try the inertia switch on the firewall on the right hand side. I reckon it's been knocked. The switch is under a rubber boot, just press it down. If you feel a click then it's that.

Mine accidentally popped up just by dropping my engine cover onto the engine bay. It must have been all of 2" but it was enough to trip the inertia switch!

Let me know how you get on

Dave Walters

Dave, shame you couldnt hang around for a brew.

I've just found that the engine ignition supply fuse (10A) keeps popping..........hmmmmm, now I'm confused

If the fuse is popping then it must be a dead short somewhere. Look for pinched wires around the plenum or anything else you took apart. Probably something simple.

1995 S4s

Yeah that's exactly what it was, a pinched wire.

Woke up at 4:00am remembering that one of the plenum bolts struggled home, you can finger tighten them all, but this one was slightly tighter than the others........at the time I put it down to a bit of old sealant down the thread.

Straight to the garage, undid the bolts, lifted the chamber and....yep....crushed wire.

So, off with the chamber, soldering iron out and a bit of heat shrink wrap, job done.

Fingers crossed I get a phone call from Pete at PNM with news of my suspension parts, and tomorrow......Germany, here we come!!!!!