free hit
counters
[WANTED] S4 OR S4S ! - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
darkcitizenx

[WANTED] S4 OR S4S !

HELP! I am looking to purchase ASAP a 1994 S4 or 1995 S4S Esprit in mint condition and preferably under 9,000 miles. I've been looking everywhere and have had no luck finding the perfect car for me. The want adds I've placed seem to attract no attention, but thought I'd try here! I am aware how scarce these models are, especially in pristine shape with low miles. And what makes my search even MORE difficult is that I am looking for one in colours OTHER than black or red.

If you, or anyone you know would possibly consider selling theirs for a very fare price to a good home PLEASE call or email me. I have been a Lotus owner myself since 1993, so I know how to take care of one.

I am NOT really interested in the V8, and not particularly in any others than 94 or 95, however I m..a..y consider a 1991-1993 if the colour combination and condition were exceptional. You see, I have a 91 right now which sadly has accident damage from fall. If I find a replacement, I will sell her instead of refurbishing. I am only interested in a car which is in the U.S.A.

Please contact my personal Email: [email protected] Or my mobile #: 414-870-7788 I am central time zone (Wisconsin), call anytime.

Thank you! Matthew

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Matthew

You say you've had Lotus's so I'm sure you know they thrive on useage, and don't last well if kept in the garage. I don't mean to be negative, but a car in the age bracket you want with only 9000 miles is likely going to fall into the "garage queen" bracket and need mucho cash to be spent on it.

As I said don't mean to be negative, just wanted you fully informed. You'd be better concentrating on a record of maintenance and service, rather than mileage.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I'm with Mat on the mileage thing - my old S4s is now closing on 50K miles and it's still one of the best looking and most trouble free Esprit's I know. Secret is in the maintenance, both myself and the current owner spared no expense in keeping the old girl in shape.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I fully understand what you mean. Maybe I just got lucky with mine, because I never experienced the horror stories or major maintenance necessities I've heard are needed. laugh if you want but mine has only 7,600 miles now, and got driven maybe 100-130 miles each year, and some years not at all if I had no time to get her ready from storage. BUT I never so much as had an oil leak, or low sump level for that matter. I haven't even done allot of the so called "needed upgrades", and still never had one problem with her. However I did baby her, maintained her very well, ran the best chemicals and changed them frequently. And keep in mind, when I drove her.. I DROVE her! If I couldn't get her over 125mph every outing I felt it wasn't a successful jaunt! But still no problems occurred. I would love to sport drive more, but unfortunately I don't have the weather conditions to enjoy frequency. Where I live it's not fun driving her more than a few weeks a year, the weather is mostly shit (part of my sad accident story, cold slippery new asphalt, cold tires, and a tight.. unposted speed limit turn is a bad combination). There's also far too many sheriffs where I live just looking to ruin a nice fast drive. My miles are also low because when I did drive her it was always just for fun (not transportation), which my idea being on straights at 160+ mph, or twisty back roads. In summary; I do play with my toys but unlike most, I keep them mint! That's why I want another one with super low miles and has hopefully taken care of properly. I never let anyone but my dealer mechanic dive my car since I bought it with 400 miles on it from the first owner. People are just too rough on their cars interiors, exteriors, engines etc. in my opinion.

Cheers!

Well of course the other prob you'll have is just suppose there is a 95 S4 or S4S out there in great condition with only 9000 miles on it. Why would the owner want to sell?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Ha Ha! Very true my friend. That's the hard part. But the economy isn't that great now so maybe someone will have other things more pressing to pay for than a lux car. Or maybe some rich dude has too make room for his new Lamborghini, so.. might as well put her where the wives Esprit sits neglected since she's out driving the Maserati more often? I dunno... but everything has a price, you just need to find someone that wants the money more than the car! The guy I bought mine from wasn't even selling it, I found him out and made an offer. I was lucky because he was in the process of buying a JagXJS12 for his wife and therefore worked his car as a trade which I bought from the dealer. he was planning to get the V8 anyway when it premiered. Maybe someone wants the 8 and will sell me their 4?

There is an absolutely perfect condition white car in Pennsilvania(sp) for sale . I believe it is a 94 S4 with less than 10K on the clock.If interested let me know and I will dig up the details for you.Price was around 35K if I remember correctly.

Elie

HELP! I am still looking to purchase ASAP a 1994 S4 or 1995 S4S Esprit in mint condition and preferably under 9,000 miles. I've been looking everywhere and have had no luck finding the perfect car for me. The want adds I've placed seem to attract no attention, but thought I'd try here! I am aware how scarce these models are, especially in pristine shape with low miles. And what makes my search even MORE difficult is that I am looking for one in colours OTHER than black or red.

If you, or anyone you know would possibly consider selling theirs for a very fare price to a good home PLEASE call or email me. I have been a Lotus owner myself since 1993, so I know how to take care of one.

I am NOT really interested in the V8, and not particularly in any others than 94 or 95, however I m..a..y consider a 1991-1993 if the colour combination and condition were exceptional. You see, I have a 91 right now which sadly has accident damage from fall. If I find a replacement, I will sell her instead of refurbishing. I am only interested in a car which is in the U.S.A.

Please contact my personal Email: [email protected] Or my mobile #: 414-870-7788 I am central time zone (Wisconsin), call anytime.

Thank you! Matthew

Took me 2 years to find what I was looking for. You should maybe look into hiring a broker to search for you, otherwise you are at the mercy of the market which is not big at all! Hang in there.

I've notified some of the best car locators in the states to try and find one for me. Unfortunately they're using most of the same sources as I am, so I'm usually aware of the same cars that appear on the market as they are. The person that has my next esprit probably has no idea that someone is looking for it as seriously as I am, and probably hasn't even realized that he might sell it yet for that matter! I just hope that some owner sooner than later gets curious as to what he could get on a dealer trade in and happens to call one of my scouts! You know what really sucks is that ebay motors wouldn't let me keep a want add in the 'for sale' section (what do they care, they're getting paid one way or another!!), but the funny thing is that it worked FAR better than the 'wanted' posts.. as I figured it would, well.. till they removed it!!. I tried several ebay 'want it know' posts, and a hemmings motor news wanted add, to which I received NO responses, so I paid for the want add to be under the selling area on ebay, which got huge viewing AND I received a few emails about some not quite right.. although tempting cars. And it was only on there a DAY before they pulled it!!!! It's a shame that they don't allow a reversal add like I tried. My theory of why it worked even if only for a day is....... I think even if someone is ready to sell their car they're more likely to look at the selling section than the want adds, to see what's on the market like theirs.. and what the going rates are for them. Not many people that have something nice and desirable are going to waste time searching through want adds, they'll just post it for sale and let people come to them. Hmm... I wonder if they'll let me try a reversal add on this on this forum???

:P HELP! STILL LOOKING SO REPOSTING>> I am looking to purchase ASAP a 1994 S4 or 1995 S4S Esprit in mint condition and preferably under 14,000 miles. I've been looking everywhere (ebay, club forums, hemmings, dupont, auto locator services, all US Lotus dealers, ETC!) and have had no luck finding the perfect car for me. The want adds I've placed seem to attract no attention yet, and I've been looking for over a year! I'm afraid the only way I'm ever going to find one of the few maybe left out there that will fit my criteria, is by word of mouth. I am obviously aware how scarce these models are, especially in pristine shape with low miles. And what makes my search even MORE difficult is that I am looking for one in colours OTHER than black or red. I am a bit surprised that there aren't ANY like this on the market especially considering the economic situation??

I am not particularly interested in any years other than 94 or 95, however I m..a..y consider a 1991-1993, or a 1997 (the only V8 of interest to me) if the colour combination and condition were exceptional. You see, I have a 91 right now which sadly has accident damage. If I find a replacement, I will sell her instead of restoring. I am only interested in a car which is in the U.S.A.

Please contact my personal Email: [email protected] Or my mobile #: 414-870-7788 I am central time zone, though you may call anytime.

Thank you! Matthew

Your requirements are so specific but also broad that I have to question your sanity.

The mileage requirement is bizarre. What happens to an Esprit at 14,000 miles that changes it? If you buy one at 13,500 and drive it will you sell it when it tips over 14? Most people would like a 'low' mileage car but you're looking at cars which are 12-15 years old and such low mileage is known to cause issues with cars of this age as invariably they've been sat up for too long at some point.

The S4 and S4s are very different to drive and with the wings, wheels and interior look quiet different. Now with the V8 in the mix your basic car requirement differs massively. What happened in 1998 to the V8 that you don't like?

It's your money dude, buy what you like of course but I'd rather be out driving my car than sitting in wishing for something which isn't going to happen.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.