free hit
counters
Lights - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Does anyone know how to reposition the light pods? Could it be done by altering the position of the hinges? As you can see from the pics, the left side pod is rubbing against the body, causing damage to the casing and light pod.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

espritturbo-PA1.jpg

espritturbo-PA2.jpg

espritturbo-PA3.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to reposition the light pods?  Could it be done by altering the position of the hinges?  As you can see from the pics, the left side pod is rubbing against the body, causing damage to the casing and light pod.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

espritturbo-PA1.jpg

espritturbo-PA2.jpg

espritturbo-PA3.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Mark

Are your lights flush with the bodywork when in the closed position?

Glyn

A note from Canada. I also think the activation rod and tiny ball joint links are rusted together . . . . but that does not mean a new part is required. Remove the link as one whole piece and soak it overnight in WD-40 or similar light penetrating oil. My activation rods became easy to loosen/adjust after this step.

Also I think the 6 mm bolt which clamps (and acts as a pivot in) the inboard-side of the right pod to the threaded rod of the bonnet mount is loose. It is this poor adjustment that is causing the pod to shift and eventually bind against the body. In typical Lotus fashion it is a round peg in a square hole. The pod has a 2 cm by 2 cm square adjustment window for a round 6 mm bolt shank that pivots within it. I marked the perfect location of that bolt via a tight-fitting (large diameter) washer. The stainless steel washer was then epoxy glued to the inside of the pod. The pivot bolt is forever perfectly lined up within that square window and the pod pivot locale is bang-on. Just don't get that washer position wrong unless you want to replace the whole headlight pod . . . epoxy is tougher than the GRP pod.

Hope this helps.

AP