free hit
counters
Sage Accounts help! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Sage Accounts help!

Any Sage guru's in the house?

I'm running Sage Instant Account v12 and my Chart of Accounts is empty and I can't seem to add anything into it. I think perhaps I didn't populate it when I set the company up but after a year and a bit of entering/using/etc I don't want to have to start again!

Is there any way I can retrospectively add a CoA to my company accounts?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on that product very soon after purchasing it. I just found it inapropriate for my business. sorry i can't help

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

By his own admission our accountant is a bit of a Sage nerd so I'm sure he'll know the answer. Am meeting with him next week. If nobody's come up with an answer in the meantime I'll ask for you.

All the nominal codes are in there already, that's fine as I've been using them so far! It's just that they don't correspond to the chart of accounts, it's empty and whenever I tried to add the nc range to the chart it won't save it, hence I can't do anything requiring the CoA to be working.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's a pucker copy but I didn't take out Sagecover which I think you need for stuff like this...

Evora NA

I'll ask my missus about this - she's a bit of a Sage guru - has Newcastle College level 3 in Sage which is the highest qually for it afaik - not sure if she's au fait with that product though - she's Line 50 and Payroll....I'll ask anyway but the previous post was deffo right - any problems just call Sage and they'll sort you out.

I'm not familiar with Sage ... but it sounds to me like you have a database issue within your system. The chart of accounts should ... kind of ... simply x-ref your leger codes and provide a simple to view report.

I would start by going through all your settings and setup menus and see if there are any tick boxes to maybe display it in the chart of accounts report ... might have to go into the individual nominal codes too as it might be there.

Just did a quick google ... not sure if this is good as it's a video tutorial on adding nominal's and making them appear in the COA ... hope it helps.

http://www.screencastcentral.com/public/241.cfm?sd=52

Edited by Spiggsy

According to my missus the COA must be there somewhere as Sage works from the default if you don't set it up differently. Sage comes with a standard one for the default company that you originally set the system up from. COA should appear on the financials toolbar. Apparently (I don't know anything about this) COA is for doing your P&L and end of year so without it you can run Sage but can't do the other things. After your year end you should be able to set up a new COA and codes etc. for the next year.