free hit
counters
where is my vacuum pump - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cantco

where is my vacuum pump

Hello all,

US version 93 Esprit SE. It worked before, I had the belts serviced and now the heater vent won't open. Where do I start to trace the vacuum. Where is the pump?

Thanks Keith in Birmingham, USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have an S4s and mine is the boot.located r/h side looking forward ,pull back carpet and unscrew rectangular panel,encased in polystyrene,and should buzz when you operate heater controls and stop when its motored your various flaps to their desired positions.

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Hello all,

US version 93 Esprit SE. It worked before, I had the belts serviced and now the heater vent won't open. Where do I start to trace the vacuum. Where is the pump?

Thanks Keith in Birmingham, USA

The '93 Esprit has a mechanical vacuum pump on the front of the engine. It shares a belt with the water pump.

If your pump is dead, or you have a large vacuum leak, your brakes should be pretty firm, as the vacuum pump is what provides the power for the power brakes.

There is a small Tee under the car, right where all the pipes go into the chassis in the rear, that Tee is where the vacuum controls for the dash get their vacuum, as well as the vacuum for the EBP valve and throttle jack.. Then there is another Tee that splits around the right hand side fuel filler neck, that goes to the vacuum controls in the dash.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

http://www.lotuscolorado.com/vulcangrey/

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album