free hit
counters
Wheewheewheewheewheee - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Atle

Wheewheewheewheewheee

Hi all,

Without any apparent reason, my Cobra alarm on my 91 SE keeps going off. Parked in a dark garage, in daylight, roof closed, windows up...wheewheewheewhee all the time. Checked the alignment of the optical sensors to ensure they point at the seats...

Whatsamatter with this thing? Ain't no crooks around either. A fly? A mosquito?

Experience anyone?

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Check to see that your neighbour hasn't bought a new microwave. We bought a new one a couple of years back and it caused the neighbours car alarm to go off every time.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

G'day Guys

Try th batery terminals and see ifthe are loose.

If they are loose then this may be a cause, also check and see how much charge you have in your battery...

...g'day Simon

Cheers

Justin

"Laugh" and the world laughs with you - "Cry" and you just wet your face...

G'day Justin, or "morn" as we say here.

Very good tip there, you are right. My negative shoe is in fact loose - as was the positive one which I have changed but not got round to the negative yet. Will try that and see. Battery seems good but yes, best to check.

Luckily my neighbors are 143 years old and probably never even heard of a microwave oven - but there may be something else when you mention it - as their car (an ugly old Subaru 4x4) stands next to mine in the garage. Maybe it emanates bad vibes...

lo.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

One thing to check is the age of the alarm system. Most contain a rechargable battery system which draws power from the car when connected and is designed to hold alarm settings during disconnection. These batteries have a limited life. When they start to fail the alarm will go off on its on, even when driving.

I had this problem with mine so I got to the alarm module, opened it and made a note of the type of rechargable batteries (4 in total) and connected those instead..... you have to make sure the car battery remains connected or you loose the alarm setting. I got the replacement batteries from a local R/C modelling shop.

I know its an old thread but worth checking if your get this problem

Edited by Setras

Also any of those things we call "Scotchclips" that splice into the wiring, nasty things used by slack phone, and stereo fitters, who should be shot at dawn for using them, as should the manufactures.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thanks guys - still have the problem. Alarm never goes off when I am near the car however, I only know because of the bleep and blinking warning light meeting me in the morning or gong home from work.

Sometime silent sometimes it has gone off. But thanks for tip, will check the batteries.

lo.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg