free hit
counters
an other P0444/P1411 error - ECU/OBDII - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Günter

an other P0444/P1411 error

searched in child forms , but could only see an topic with an single code P0444 .

Mine has set *check engine* while i was in a traffic jam on the motorway. Engine temp rises to the hot side (near 100

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

update part two (with hope that all understand what I'm talking about..)

There is an fault in the documentation, or in other words some of our V8 cars have the fuse box shematics as described under 4 cylinder engines (gray pages, revised harness '98 and follows)(it says "evap","wastegate", and "heater control" on the same fuse). That means in case you have an problem with one (or more) of your o2-sensors [heater wiring shorted to ground] it gets an really high amp on the circuit. That fuse is rated with 7.5amp or 10amp -and the heater sends much more on it. If the fuse blows the ECM will set codes P0444/P1411 together as both of the systems (evap/wastegate) on the same fuse in the fault code maps. It does not matter that some cars do not have an evap control valve or something.. .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Just a little update, I also had this on my v8 which I believe was triggered by a faulty 02 sensor

changed them and the code was still logged and would erase but when reading this thread checked the fuse which Gunter suggested and it was indeed blown.  Changed it and all now ok and faults cleared

as states above it says in the manual this for 4 cylinder cars but it must be a mis print as mine is a 1997 v8

Thanks for the thread Gunter, really helped me out